upgrading to a digital

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I think a little bit of sick just came up to the back of my mouth Nigel, thanks! :P

Drove from Bedford to Sandy listening to my internet radio* to see how well it performed (finally I can get JazzFM again!) and as long as I had a bar of 3G/HSDPA there was no buffering.
Unfortunatly about half way between the two towns the signal dropped out completely.
So while the clarity and choice is superior to DAB, it still needs a signal to work :D
Although in towns and along popular routes there's more likely to be no issues.

*web browser, sat nav, camera, emailer, remote desktop viewer, mp3 player, movie viewer, games console, oh and phone.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:I think a little bit of sick just came up to the back of my mouth Nigel, thanks! :P
As an ex-TV engineer (and Peter.N. you will know too I guess) I never quite got over the shock of just how some people live. Disgusting is not a sufficiently strong word for it.

When you walk in and leave footprints in the carpet, then you know its going to be bad.

I'm more concerned at how my cars look on the inside than on the outside...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I have been eyeing these Pure DAB digital car radio adapters the ones you plug into the back of your existing car stereo, but thanks to this advice I don't think I shall bother now, Long Live FM.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:I have been eyeing these Pure DAB digital car radio adapters the ones you plug into the back of your existing car stereo...
Do they plug in? They certainly plug into the cigar lighter but I think thats all. There's a separate aerial which I think is stuck to a window. I'm not 100% sure but I thought that they had a low powered FM transmitter built to rebroadcast the DAB signal. You find a clear spot in the FM band (not too easy if you move from area to area) and tune your car radio in to it.

I use a similar idea for a plug in FM transmitter that takes SD cards, has a USB socket and also a 3.5mm flylead for audio. There's a bit of zizzle but it's not too bad really.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​