hello guys. few question abt a citroen berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yash

hello guys. few question abt a citroen berlingo

Post by yash »

hello guys. i bought a berlingo abt 3 month ago. its not the cleanest car around but is ok. it got 148 k miles. its the 800 version. i believe its a 1.9d.

been having few troubles with it since the beginning it was hard to start. the glow plug symbol would come on but it wudnt start but with the easy start spray it started easily. but since two weeks ago the pre heater light doesnt come on all the time. it does now n then. i replaced the glow plug but is still the same. wat wud be the problem?

2nd issue. the van has stopped running fine. seems like its running on three cylinders. very little power n having loads of blue smoke. its very sluggish. i dont think the van is a turbo. so y blue smoke n lil power. it seem to tick over fine sometime then goes back on been sluggish n very juddery, when i changed the glow plugs. i noticed fair amount of oil in few pipe. see in the picture below with red arrow. n the green arrow shows a broken pipe on the air filter n which looks like a catch can which there was abt of oil in it. oil level seem fine.

very annoying. wud be great if some1 wud shed some light

thanks yash

yash

Post by yash »

forgot to mention its a W reg. year 2000
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

it could be that one of your new glow plugs is faulty, I am sure someone will be along soon to tell you how test them.

do you know what make glow plugs you bought?

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Can anyone decode the "Text Speech"? I thought that was not allowed on here :lol:

Does it run on 3 all the time, or just for a few moments when you first start?

For infor purpuse:

Thats a DW8 engine, simmilar to an XUD, but its NOT an XUD. You can tell be the fact the oil filler is on the head, and the dip stick is on its own.

This means the heater plugs are SOOOOO much easyer to get at after removing the inlet, as the are above the injectors, rather then below, and are very long compared to XUD plugs

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: hello guys. few question abt a Citroën berlingo

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

yash wrote:hello guys. i bought a berlingo about 3 month ago. its not the cleanest car around but is ok. it got 148 k miles. its the 800 version. i believe its a 1.9d.

been having few troubles with it since the beginning it was hard to start. the glow plug symbol would come on but it wouldnt start but with the easy start spray it started easily. but since two weeks ago the pre heater light doesnt come on all the time. it does now and then. i replaced the glow plug but is still the same. what could be the problem?

2nd issue. the van has stopped running fine. seems like its running on three cylinders. very little power and having loads of blue smoke. its very sluggish. i dont think the van is a turbo. so yet blue smoke and little power. it seem to tick over fine sometimes then goes back on being sluggish and very juddery, when i changed the glow plugs. i noticed a fair amount of oil in fuel pipe. see in the picture below with red arrow. and the green arrow shows a broken pipe on the air filter which looks like a catch can which there was a bit of oil in it. oil level seems fine.

very annoying. would be great if someone would shed some light

thanks yash

I have tried to transpose this to make it easier to read good luck.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.