Citroen Dispatch - Double Din DVD Player

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SCFC_Messiah

Citroen Dispatch - Double Din DVD Player

Post by SCFC_Messiah »

Hi guys, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to go!

My Dad has a Citroen Dispatch that has been converted into a taxi. I plan on getting him an in-car Digi TV/DVD player for Christmas, but I'm torn between what size to get

As it stands, he has a regular sized CD player inside the cab, but underneath there's a small cubby hole/change tray which to me looks like it pops out along with the standard stereo to accommodate a Double Din sized stereo without the need of changing the facia plate. If I remove the cubby hole and standard stereo, I know that the width and height of the hole that is left is just right to accommodate Double Din - I'm just unsure about the depth (more specifically, the depth behind the cubby hole). It's not as simple as me removing the cubby hole to find out for myself, as it's a surprise present and there's no way I can do it without giving it all away

If I can't be 100% sure that a double din fits, I will just get a normal sized stereo with a motorized screen. But double din is my preferred choice

If any of you can answer this question, I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks