Blower fan location?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nekkid
My Cars:

Blower fan location?

Post by Nekkid »

Hi all, can anyone point me to a diagram or picture of where the blower fan is located?
It's started being a bit noisy, so could be time to change it.
Thanks!
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

For people to be able to help you we're going to need a bit more information!

What model of car is it that you have?

Usually they are located in the passengers side footwell above the carpet that drops down. Underneath the glovebox.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
Nekkid
My Cars:

Post by Nekkid »

DHallworth wrote:For people to be able to help you we're going to need a bit more information!

What model of car is it that you have?

Usually they are located in the passengers side footwell above the carpet that drops down. Underneath the glovebox.

David.
Duh! Sorry!
My 1997 1.8i Xantia
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries...

The blower is dead easy to remove. Just remove the three screws around its periphery, disconnect the 4 pin plug and it drops straight into your hand.

You may save the day by dropping some light oil into the motor bearings but it's tricky as it's next to impossible to remove the fan blade assembly but a gentle and well-aimed spray of something like WD40 may just do the trick.

If you get a replacement from a scrappy, remember the aircon and non-aircon types are not interchangeable.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

And be thankful that it isn't a Volvo :)

(Rick is the SDMB equivalent of Jim)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:And be thankful that it isn't a Volvo :)
Gosh :shock: Sounds like a Xantia heater matrix job only about 100% more difficult :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Rick's description of how they built the 240, same as a Xantia except there they started off with a heater matrix...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
myglaren wrote:And be thankful that it isn't a Volvo :)
Gosh :shock: Sounds like a Xantia heater matrix job only about 100% more difficult :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Rick's description of how they built the 240, same as a Xantia except there they started off with a heater matrix...
That was my first thought too Jim.
I found my 265 quite easy to work on but never approached the heater once I had discovered that the warm air was controlled by a load of flaps, á la PSA and said flaps were operated by a vacuum pump and a set of pushbuttons on the centre console :shock:

God that was a cold November/December - we drove to Whitby every Sunday with hot water bottles and blankets. It was like a sauna once I had discovered the vacuum tube flapping in the wind :)

Rick is a veritable fountain of knowledge re: Volvoness and an amusing character to boot.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

does the fan motor its self differ with A/C and non A/C,

i scraped a 98 pug 406 saloon non A/C and it still had the heat sink as A/C XANT's do, but only one transistor,

also the pug fan spinn's the oposite sirection to a XANT,

regards malcolm