New clutch fitted by Mr Clutch, NO ABS!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Diabolical
My Cars:

New clutch fitted by Mr Clutch, NO ABS!

Post by Diabolical »

I bought a Luk Clutch for my s2 Xantia 2.0CT for £172 and Mr Clutch centre at Hemel Hempstead fitted it £240 inc. Great price very helpfull chap. BUT my ABS light now on permanently.

They are happy to have car back and sort it, but some advise before hand may help.
I know when I replaced rear sensor I had to take car to a garage to use Diagnostic Kit to switch light off, could be simple as that I'm hoping.
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

ABS sensor or toothed ring might be damaged when they removed the drive shaft on the gearbox side.

You can measure the resistance and see if one of the sensors (front left most probably) is gone.
In Handy Hints & Tips there are pics and very good instructions, here ---> Xantia Rear ABS Sensor Renewal <---
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd not be surprised if Mr. Clutch did not disturb the plug and socket for the ABS sensor on the LH side. It's on the front of the subframe and perilously close to where he would have been working.

I say this as I have had exactly the same happen when doing a clutch. Check the connector and try reseating it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

or damaged a wheel sensor or its cable whilst removeing a drive shaft

regards malcolm
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

CitroJim wrote:I'd not be surprised if Mr. Clutch did not disturb the plug and socket for the ABS sensor on the LH side. It's on the front of the subframe and perilously close to where he would have been working.

I say this as I have had exactly the same happen when doing a clutch. Check the connector and try reseating it.
Ahh,very interesting indeed for me also Jim. My abs light has been on since my clutch change, and I'm sure the previous owner said it wasn't...BTW, my front off side (UK drivers side) is the one showing zero current..could be coincidence though or maybe it is goosed!

I really must get it sorted as my mot guy's getting really narked now,(he's passed it twice :twisted: )

Any chance you could find a picture of the "plug and socket for the ABS sensor" Jim,or am I barking up the wrong tree with mine, seeing as it's the OSF sensor?

Cheers, Dave,
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you have a tamm MOT tester and he is passing things he shouldnt aut t, i would keep it quiet, as you might get him ito trouble,

regards malcolm
Diabolical
My Cars:

Post by Diabolical »

CitroJim wrote:I'd not be surprised if Mr. Clutch did not disturb the plug and socket for the ABS sensor on the LH side. It's on the front of the subframe and perilously close to where he would have been working.

Thanks Jim

Looked this morning and plug had been disconnected and not plugged back in, Deep Joy I was expecting worse.
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wonderful stuff :D
HDI Dave wrote:Any chance you could find a picture of the "plug and socket for the ABS sensor" Jim,or am I barking up the wrong tree with mine, seeing as it's the OSF sensor?
Dave, I'll see if I can find a picture but the OS sensor plug is in the same spot roughly, right up by the steering rack pinion on the front of the subframe. Look up at the rack pinion heat shield, look by the pipes that run along the front edge of the subframe and the plug will be spotted...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...