Xantia in motorsport

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Xantia in motorsport

Post by citroenesque »

Was there ever a major Citroen of the last 60 years that was more overlooked than the Xantia??? (OK LN/LNA, Ami, maybe...).

I would be keen to find out if there was a rally Xantia (works or not). On the track there seems to have been little Xantia presence too. Shame really as from my point of view, what the Xantia range needed was a worthy successor to the GS'X'-range, BX 16v... The Xantia seems to have been firmly established in the 'comfort/luxury' slot. Contemporary, overtly 'sporting' Citroens seemed to be confined to the ZX 16v (and watered-down Volcane/Furios), the AX GT/GTi, and later the VTR/S Saxos (although given its WRC success, the Xsara can claim to have carried that mantle albeit hopelessly half-heartedly in the commercial sector).

Can anyone shed any light on the hidden world of Xantia motorsport?

Here's what I have seen:

In context: (ie gratuitous pic)
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

I think you need to have a look at some of the French websites, as the Xantia was Numero Uno for quite a few years in the world of Autocross. The Xantia, in this form, eventually lost the hydractive suspension but did run some pretty hairy moteurs, comme 400+ BHP.

I need to look up some of the details as I cannot remember if the team running the Xantia was official or part sponsored by Citroen.

Handyman
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Aha, well it would seem 4x4 Xantias were competing (and succeeding)...

anyone got a 4x4 Xantia?

:D

1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k