Berlingo washers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BryanB
My Cars:

Berlingo washers

Post by BryanB »

I guessed they were frozen so didn't operate them except a shot burst to test them. The wipers work OK and according to Haynes the pump is on the same fuse as wipers. I can't listen for the wash pump as the noise of the wiper motor drowns any chance of hearing it. I've had a hair dryer on the jets and all exposed pipework so think that's OK.
According to Haynes again access to the pump means jack car. remove inner wing plastic liner, take out reservoir from under car, etc. etc.
As you can imagine I am not prepared to do all that in this weather. Temp here is hovering around 0c daytime. I reckon to leave things till temp rises enough to be sure nothing is frozen, unless anyone has any ideas, any experience with where to pour hot water? Thanks for reading thus far. BB
Willing to learn

2003 Berlingo multispace forte. 1.9d (The sluggish one)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

There can be a separate fuse (certainly 206's have a separate one)

It will blow due to the motor current + ice. Examine engine bay fusebox, usually its one of the minature blade fuses (red probably)

Not that many people's washer jets will work in this weather unfortunately. Last year I had a 1 litre bottle of screenwash (still unopened!) freeze solid and it was in a cupboard in my garden shed too.

You can gain access to it I think by part removing the splash shield, although I'd be tempted to check fuses first and ignore BOL for that.

You are unlikely to get enough warmth with pouring hot water anywhere to thaw it I think though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
BryanB
My Cars:

Post by BryanB »

Thanks Andy, I'll check all fuses then. Better not try things though, that would just blow the fuse again!
At least if I find a blown one I'll be sure what's wrong.
Willing to learn

BryanB
My Cars:

Post by BryanB »

Found a 10a fuse blown in the engine fuse box. According to the table of fuses it is RH dipped beam, but that works perfectly.
I'll fit a new one when the temp rises, Thanks for your help BB
Willing to learn

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You're welcome :)

As far as I remember you can take a plastic plug or two out of the shield (possibly have the wheel on full lock, saves jacking it up or removing the wheel) and get at the pump itself.

You can at least test for voltage present (unplug it first ideally to avoid blowing that fuse again)

It will be one 0v and one 12 when the washer is applied (test light or something ideal so you don't need an assistant)

If you have a rear washer, the same pump may also serve that, depends on model. In that case the feed / earth are reversed to make the pump turn the other way.

Anyway hopefully when it thaws out a bit, things will be well. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
BryanB
My Cars:

Post by BryanB »

Thanks, filled a squeezy bottle with screenwash, waiting for the thaw now. BB
Willing to learn