New Synergie owner...info requested

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

naffa
My Cars:

New Synergie owner...info requested

Post by naffa »

Hi folks I've just bought a 1998 2.0 petrol Synergie.
I was wondering what the engine code is and what grade oil to use in the engine?
Also is there any technical / repair information available online or elsewhere?

Thanks Nathan
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

Anyone???????????????????????
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi Nathan and welcome

if you post the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get your engine code from service citroen,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nathan,

I believe you may have the 2.0 TCT (Turbo Constant Torque) RGX XU10J2CTE engine.

Whatever XU engine it is be sure there is loads of information on here about them.

As for oil, any good 10W/40 is fine. Sometimes when using fully synthetic oil it upsets the oil level indicator.

Change the oll every 5000 miles and alwys change the filter at the same time.

The engine is very durable with normal routine care.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

Thanks to you both for the welcome and replies.

I dont have the logbook yet as I've only just bought the car but as soon as its light enpough I'll get the number from the car. Its on the drivers side front under the bonnet isn't it?

Cheers Nath :)
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

naffa wrote:I'll get the number from the car. Its on the drivers side front under the bonnet isn't it?
Yes, that's it Nath, it'll be on the VIN plate, often found on the slam panel. The number will be big and long and begin something like VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

If you can't find it there, look on the drivers-side wing channel (where the bonnet sits) and it should be there, punched into the bodyshell...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

on later cits/pugs the VIN No. is in a small window in the black section at the bottom of the windscreen, and its just the last 8 digits i require

regards malcolm
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Re: New Synergie owner...info requested

Post by Gammy leg »

naffa wrote:Also is there any technical / repair information available online or elsewhere?
Hi Nath,

Unfortunately no there isn't. No haynes manual in publication yet although it is listed as 'under consideration' on their webpage. There is a Peter Russek book available on ebay but to be honest it is pretty dire, likewise the CD's that are advertised have also been a let-down as a lot of the information is missing.
Just a tip, when searching for info on the web remember to search for Pug 806 & Fiat Uylysee as well as they are all basically the same.

Good Luck.

Gammy
2000 Synergie 1.9Td
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

Congratulations on your Evasion...
C3 Automatic.
"la vie est belle"
"c'est elle que J'aime"
www.tvcitroen.com
www.renaulttv.co.uk
www.pubstv.com
"arive en France"
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

I have an 806 HDI so I bought the Haynes manual for a 406 HDI and it has served me pretty well.
I don't know about the petrol engines though.
naffa
My Cars:

Post by naffa »

I bought a DVD repair manual from a company called Rapid Manuals before Xmas.
Its a waste of time because it wont install onto either of my laptops.
It takes about 4 hours to copy all the data from the 2 discs to the Hdd but then the installation wont work.
I'm warning others of the issue not just because it wont install but because Rapid Manuals haven't responded to any of my emails.
Cheers Nath.
1998 Synergie petrol.