Faults reading using - Lexia 3 , Lexia 3 user manual needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

Faults reading using - Lexia 3 , Lexia 3 user manual needed

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I hocked my Lexia 3 to my Xantia 2.0 16V SX ( year make 2000 ) and got the following faults:

For the Automatic transmission ( AL4) I got the following:

Intermittent fault: Display serial supply short to earth ot open circuit

For the alarm system I got the following:

Permanent fault: Remote control buttery discharged

Does any one know how to fix the above faults ? Where is the remote control unit
? I guess once I find it I'll have to replace the battery. Which ECU is not
responding ? I got this message for the air condoning test and the rear mirror

Any one knows where is the Air conditioner ECU and the remote control ECU

Does anyone have the Lexia 3 user manual, I interest especially in the pedal programming procedure ( I have and AL4 gearbox) . Any Lexia's menus procedures I should avoid ?

Thanks
Zohar
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Normally the engine needs to be running to get comunication with the A/C ecu.
The rear mirrior only has a control unit if it is the indexing one that auto adjusts when you select reverse which i doubt will be fitted to an SX model.
I would imagine the remote battery fauly refers to the battery inside the remote plip you use to unlock the doors ??
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The AL4 automatic gearbox fault refers to the gear position repeater display in the instrument pod. It works via a serial digital signal from the gearbox ECU on wire 463 between pin 4 of the ECU to pin 15 on the blue instrument panel plug.

Have you noticed any problems with the display? If it seems Ok then I'd be tempted not to worry too much about that particular one...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

As far as I know there is no manual for a Lexia over and above the very basic functions as almost every car has a different mode of operation within Lexia.

My (genuine Citroen) Lexia 2 has never yet managed to connect with the rear mirror control ECU despite being used on at least six car's that I know have it fitted so don't be surprised at the lack of communication with that one.

As for the other two faults (or any other you find recorded for that matter) don't believe all you see without clearing the faults at least once to see whether they re-appear. You'll also find that some faults are common to certain models, for instance steering angle sensor on Hydractive car's and remote control faults are very common faults to find on Xantia's.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

Post by lancia58 »

Hi Jim

Yes I noticed problem with the display , it is very rare but sometimes the snow and sport lights lit for a second. It happened three month ago and since than it haven't happened again. I noticed that when you push the gear lever from D to N and you let the lever stay long enough between the D to N the snow and sport lights blinks I tried it once I guess this is SW bug and not gear fault. The AL4 is OK and I prefer not to "play" with it as long as it is OK ( 75K miles ) . Yesterday I connected the Lexia again and find some other thing that raise questions but I'll post it in a different thread

Thanks
Zohar