Xsara Picasso 1.6 Mk1 Access To The Battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Signtimes

Xsara Picasso 1.6 Mk1 Access To The Battery

Post by Signtimes »

I know that the battery is under the passenger seat(never seen it though)on my 2000 Picasso 1.6 and to remove it I have to tilt the passenger seat (apparantly) but pushing and pulling the levers does not seem to make any diffence, the seat is solid as a rock. I only want to check the battery connections.... can anybody offer any practical advice?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I don't remember it being too much of a problem on ours when I changed the battery last winter - you might try pulling the seat towards the back of the car as you try and relase the catches to help free them. You need the seat in the rearmost position so that you can fold the seat over the dash to get to the battery. IIRC getting the cover off the battery is a bit of a PITA once you get the seat up. Mine had spring clips on the battery, and being inside it was all nice and clean - if you are having starting troubles, then most likely the battery is past its best.
Richard W
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

RichardW wrote: - you might try pulling the seat towards the back of the car as you try and relase the catches to help free them. You need the seat in the rearmost position so that you can fold the seat over the dash to get to the battery.
These 'catches' are slightly awkward to get to but are located just inside the (rear) base of the seat mountings, approx 6" in front the floor storage bins (in rear floor), there is one per side & need releasing (push down) both at the same time & then give the passenger seat a shove & it should tilt forward on it's pivots (annoyingly Citroen did away with this feature on the later spec xsara picasso's! :evil: ) I find it best to remove the head rest first as it gets in the way when tilting the seat forward.
Music keeps me going.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

on my daughters 02 PISCASSSSOOOOO i slide the seat right back, lay the back all the way forward, now release one of the under seat catch's at a time at the same time as liftting the back end of the seat base upwards and keeping it this way till you have released both under seat catch's,

now fold the seat forward,

i also have worked on an 06 version and you have to unbolt the rear end of the seat with the supplied torx key before tiltting the seat,

regards malcolm
jock
New User

Re: Xsara Picasso 1.6 Mk1 Access To The Battery

Post by jock »

Thank you, Malcolm, I wasted an hour yesterday trying get at the battery on my father's 06 Picasso. Next time I will take a Torx key!
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso 1.6 Mk1 Access To The Battery

Post by wheeler »

The torx key you need should be clipped into the underside of one of the rear floor storage compartments. T-30 if I remember right.