AX Electric Window Problem!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheesesliceking

AX Electric Window Problem!!

Post by cheesesliceking »

I'm building up quite a collection now.
[:(]
My drivers electric window has developed a fault, & i was wondering if N E 1 had any ideas?
The electric window goes down fine. but when i press the button to make it go up, it goes up about an inch, then makes a noise like its missing a gear somewhere, kind of a load clunk, and stops. if i keep the button pressed down it goes up a bit more then does the same clunking/not moving combo. but it wont reach the top unless i press onto the glass & push it up. [}:)]
Its only just started doing this, so i have yet to take it apart & have a look, i just wondered if N E one had had the same problem?
N E Ideas?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Csk -
Sounds to me like some parts are allowed to dislocate for some reason(s) :
- loose mountings screws/bolts on the motor
- rusty locating point on lower end of (front-most) window guide bracket (inside door).
- rusty window bottom lift bracket
- wear in gear mechanism
It may help to "lubricate" the window guide with silicone fluid - the kind of stuff used for door rubber anti-freeze. Comes in small bottles with an apllicator brush in the lid.
Anyway a bugger of a job to solve properly - since the door must be stripped.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Cheers AndersDK,
the door panels have been off loads of times, due to faulty central locking (Still not fixed) actuator dont work , got a spare from another (in working order) & that one didnt work either! I'll have to stick me head in n have a look around.
Cheers!
[:D]