Help needed please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mongoose100
My Cars:

Help needed please

Post by mongoose100 »

Hi all, hoping someone can possibly shed some light for me please;

2000 Citroen Xantia V6, having a few issues.

1. When turning key on to ACC, the Batt and Airbag lights come on (batt is normal). When turning from ACC to ON, the Batt and Airbag lights go out, every other warning light comes on, including Side Airbag light but minus the ABS light (ABS working normally).

2. Car started, everything appears normal. When attempting to turn off, I can turn key to ACC and engine still idles (gauges working etc). Touch brake pedal and she'll stop.

3. Wipers only work on Slow, no Auto or fast and no self parking (have to turn off when they are at bottom of screen or else they just stop anywhere they like)

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated, I just dont know where to start!

Thanks in advance,

Ps; Changed Ignition switch today, no luck there...
Wiper switch, rain sensor, various relays, wiper motor also replaced... No luck.

TOTALLY lost for ideas now
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Is this multiplexed ? (at 2000 it could be either) , it does sound like a BSI issue, although the correct reset procedure I am not 100% sure of, I will leave that to someone else to answer.

PS, Welcome :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

spider wrote:Is this multiplexed ? (at 2000 it could be either) , it does sound like a BSI issue, although the correct reset procedure I am not 100% sure of, I will leave that to someone else to answer.

PS, Welcome :)
I have no idea, it is however, off to the Citroen dealership on Tuesday so they can 'hopefully' shed some light on said topics.

I have an identical donor car here too, where would I find the BSI?
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

No Xantias were multiplexed(*) :lol: so it's a straightforward electrical wiring fault. Somewhere :evil: It sounds a bit like an earth fault to me - and since it is related to the brake pedal and it's on the V6, I'd be tempted to turn my attention to the cruise control. Taking it to the dealer might be a v bad idea, depending on whether they've got a decent auto sparks in the shop or not - you'd probably be better off with a dedicated auto sparks - but then they may not have access to the wiring diagrams in NZ - but I think Jim could probably help here.... :lol:
Richard W
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

RichardW wrote:No Xantias were multiplexed(*) :lol: so it's a straightforward electrical wiring fault. Somewhere :evil: It sounds a bit like an earth fault to me - and since it is related to the brake pedal and it's on the V6, I'd be tempted to turn my attention to the cruise control. Taking it to the dealer might be a v bad idea, depending on whether they've got a decent auto sparks in the shop or not - you'd probably be better off with a dedicated auto sparks - but then they may not have access to the wiring diagrams in NZ - but I think Jim could probably help here.... :lol:
Thanks for that Richard. Is the cruise control a bit of a trouble area on these things? I was messing round in the fuse box today, noticed when I pulled fuse 30 out, the Battery and front Airbag lights came up with the rest, although dimly with the key in the ON position. When in ACC however, all lights were off...

Might be a red hearing here but I've noticed the rear demister comes on with the engine off, my donor car, from memory, didn't...
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: Help needed please

Post by VertVega »

There're Xantia V6 owners here but they haven't read your message yet. You can be sure that help will arrive sooner or later :)
mongoose100 wrote:1. ... but minus the ABS light (ABS working normally). ...
This could be because of bulb for ABS light behind the instrument panel. Replacement would help.
mongoose100 wrote:3. Wipers only work on Slow, no Auto or fast and no self parking. ...
I had recently replaced wiper stalk in mine. Everything else was functioning except the washer :roll:
In your case it could be the wiper stalk or may be mini relays (see pics in link).
Here is the link to ---> Xantia II washer problem solved <---
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I dont think this is a Specific V6 problem, more just a General Xantia electrical problem

As Richard, Xantias were NOT multiplex, and dont have a BSI etc, they do have a body computer for dianostic, but they are not to the stage of C5's etc etc...

Sounds like something with wireing, behind the dash or somewere, unfortunally, xantia Dash's are that tight in their place it may be advantagious to remove the dash for a better look at wiring, and while there, replace the heater matrix....

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
mongoose100
My Cars:

SUCCESS... In a way

Post by mongoose100 »

Decided to change gauge cluster over today from my donor car, all electrical issues disappeared minus my issue with wipers...

The wiper fault is making me scratch all hair off my head!

One main issue I have now is that the odometer now reads 251000 when it used to be 106000. Can this reading be changed??
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If there is any difference between the mileage in the BSI and the instrument panel, it will take the highest and store it in both :(
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

spider wrote:If there is any difference between the mileage in the BSI and the instrument panel, it will take the highest and store it in both :(
HA so I'm stuck with 1/4 of a million k's now??? Fun
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: SUCCESS... In a way

Post by VertVega »

mongoose100 wrote:... the odometer now reads 251000 when it used to be 106000. ...
Is that in miles or kms? Very respectful reading, if it's in miles :wink:
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
mongoose100
My Cars:

Re: SUCCESS... In a way

Post by mongoose100 »

VertVega wrote:
mongoose100 wrote:... the odometer now reads 251000 when it used to be 106000. ...
Is that in miles or kms? Very respectful reading, if it's in miles :wink:
Haha Kilometres... Surprised the 4HP20 survived that long too in the donor car, I stripped it down and noticed some moron has done a fluid change, nice red colour - ouch! Should be yellowish, shouldn't it?
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6