xantia brake control valve

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukmobileman
My Cars:

xantia brake control valve

Post by ukmobileman »

can anybody suggest a reason as to why my xantia brake control valve (mastercylinder) came loose?! one of the two bolts that hold to bulk head was loose (but not off/the other was tight) and all the pipes (metal) i could undo with my fingers!!!! Scarry but i will say i still had brakes! - it was the pool of fluid that alerted me to a problem . The bcv i took off looked very new (i,ve had car 18 months now) and i always thought brake pedal had lots of free play!(thought it was that spring/pushrod thing) with replacement bcv on hardly any free play now and brakes feel different but still work just as well - more controlled not all or nothing like they use to be. I just hope its a mistake made be previous owner(s) and not a known problem (oh i checked bulkhead for damage etc there was none)
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

What is the situation now?
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

all back together and all seems fine - fingers crossed - just wondered if anybody had ever had this happern to then?
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

spoke to soon! the pedal/brake control valve pulses very fast - if you just touch it slightly, if you press it firmly no pulses (which are very fast -almost like a mobile phone vibrate function!) anybody any ideas
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

What is the condition of your accumulator sphere? How often does the regulator tick?
I think the pulsing you are experiencing is the pulsing of the pump which would normally be damped out by the accumulator.
Jeremy
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

accum sphere 6 months old (new) and i replaced regulator at same time as old one leaked / ticks about once a minute so doubt it's a problem with them