Berlingo rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Berlingo rear suspension

Post by Dave Bamber »

I want to raise the rear suspension by about 50m/m as dear Citoen made it that much lower to compensate for the Modutop roof bars. It's a pain as with anything more than a case of beer in the back, the damned thing is on the bump stops! [:0] So, how do I do it[?] The suspension is a torsion bar set up from the Pug 406.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Think all you do (ha ha) is move the torsion bar round a notch or 2. Before you start it may be worth checking if there are different bars used on different models but if yours is lowered and soft it doesn't sound as if the spec was changed from the basic one without the roof bars.
Haynes states that for purposes of levelling a ZX one spline is approx 3 mm - I dont know how this would work out on your Berlingo but 17 splines sounds a lot.
I wonder if the caravanning people make spring assistors for Berlingo's - might be easier to fit?
Jeremy
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yeah, you can adjust the ride height by way of the torsion bars, but its a nightmare job.
I think that your quick and easy option is rear dampers from the Berlingo 800KG (heavy duty)van Citroen ref 5206H1 £62.55 fom Citroen (ouch) sorry we don't do them yet.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

'coz you realise proper Citroens have hydraulic suspension & don't suffer from these problems don't you??
[}:)][B)][}:)][}:)][}:)][:D]
Alan S [;)][:o)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Talking of that, saw a C15D van, engine had been replaced by BX 16v engine and box.[8D]
Not content with that they scrapped the C15 rear beam and suspension, and found that a BX rear beam went straight in, complete with hydraulics. No weight carrying problems after that!
It was built by Barry from BL Autos in Welwyn Garden City.
That was a van alright.
Not that Dave B is going to be taking this extreme route to level his ride height. Yet.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Thanks Alan, I can always count on your support and comments
.......[B)][:(][;)]
Thanks for the input chaps. I was hoping for a cheap (like no cost) and easy way to sort this, looks like it's not gonna be the case[:(] I'll just have to live with it, though BX suspension sounds interesting. At least it will impress that bloke in Aus..........[;)]