C5 Passenger door won't open from outside

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Re: C5 Passenger door won't open from outside

Post by quintet »

markeddy wrote:As per the title, I have to open the passenger door from inside.
All other doors open fine from outside when I unlock the central locking.
This problem was intermittent about a year ago but has no been a permanent problem for last few months.

MOT is due very soon so need to sort this.
Any advice gratefully accepted.
I've seen this fault lord knows how many times (xsara picasso's suffer with it too) & in my experience it's a fault with the actual locking mechanism, sometimes they fail & you can't open the door both from outside & inside making the door panel removal somewhat awkward. I've never bothered looking into why so many fail but i suspect it's a dead- locking issue as you usually can't open the door using the key either. Next time it fails try giving the door a few gentle thumps (from outside the car) near the edge of the door where the mechanism is closely located to whilst operating the central locking buttons on the remote, when the doors wouldn't open at all this is one way we tried to open it. All in all i suspect you need a new locking mechanism, theyre not difficult to replace but it will need doing before your MOT as obviously the doors must open from inside & outside for it to pass.
Music keeps me going.