2005 Citroen C5 Right Rear Hand door lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

120L
My Cars:

2005 Citroen C5 Right Rear Hand door lock

Post by 120L »

Hi

We have a 2005 Citroen C5 with central locking (VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]). We live in Sydney Australia

The right hand rear door lock is not working (the door will not open).

We need a new door lock.

If anyone out there can supply us a new door lock or tell us where to get one we'd be very grateful. I've tried GSF but they don't have the part.

Regards
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Have you actually accessed and damaged the lock?

there is a lot of info pertaining to just that (very common, although not seen here) subject on the C5 Owners Club

You should be able to rescue it without ruining it. Otherwise I think you will find it to be a dealer only part and therefore expensive in Australia.
Sorry :(
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

You sure the door lock is buggered?

I only ask as I've had this a couple of times in the past and it was the operating rod/s that had simply popped off, due to lack of use,especially here in the UK, where the rear doors don't get used much or get stuck in winter. Door card off, pop the rod back on and WD 40 everything and bobs ur uncle!

If the lock is goosed..Fleabay?
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
120L
My Cars:

Rods

Post by 120L »

Thanks for the replies.

I've had the interior trim off and I had a look at the rods. They seem to be on the door lock mechanism and I can even hear the soleniod operate when I lock and unlock but the lock will not realse and we can't open the door.

I can't get at the lock screws unless I open the door so I think I'll have to butcher it to just get the door to open.

If you guys know of any other tricks please let me know. It seems that something inside the lock has brokenor the locking mechanism is jammed in position?

Regards
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Just to remind people, Alan's situation is the same as mine in terms of parts.

Local dealer prices are exorbitant, and used parts typically cost more than new ones do in the UK. This lock is priced at £300 over the counter here. Maybe Malc can say what it's worth in the UK.

Often the smart solution (in terms of reliability for the dollars) is a new part ex-UK or Europe. Perhaps someone will step up and assist?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No. from the dealers in UK

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00009138A3 DOOR LOCK 118.80 GBP 139.59 GBP 139.59 GBP

why is is such an extortionate price even by UK standerds,

as the one i fitted to the rear door of my daughters Piscassssoooooo cost me 50 quid from the dealer,

it cant be that much of a diferent unit can it,

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ta Malcolm, I was curious too.

Looks like postage would be 18 squid or less. Even flicking a few crumbs to someone in the UK for pack and post, it would come in £110 cheaper than Australian local price.

Possibly one of the tamer main stealers would even send direct, thus saving the VAT. Was it Jim's local dealer who was willing to post stuff?