The Citroën Love Affair............

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

frenchcarnut

The Citroën Love Affair............

Post by frenchcarnut »

..........perhaps a typical fraught Gallic relationship; like a violent, frivolous, and tempestuous parody of Betty Blue. Full of emotion and uncontrollable seduction.

But pathetic isn't it, as I write on a thread entitled "Sadly I must leave the Citroen Brotherhood
frenchcarnut wrote:I don't think I'll be too far behind you. My next new car will probably be Japanese (or German): blah, blah, blah
But no sooner have I done that, when today on this thread in empathy with Xantic, I write,
Wish I'd kept hold of mine now. I had a silver SX, and looking at this HDI beauty makes me feel a bit nostalgic.
But then, I'm not the only one as
Xantic wrote:My Xantia is now for sale.
only to curse the day with
Xantic wrote:I did not want to sell it but if you read my for sale post you will see why. I am sad because it was a nice car and we shall miss it..... had only done 500 yards in the car and the Mrs said.. " I don't like it, i'm uncomfortable
Perhaps I'll end up smothering my C5, only to regret it later by driving off a cliff in my C15 as the uncontrollable torment becomes too much.

:cry:

C'est une vie avec Citroën, n'est-ce pas?
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As if it was necessary to renew my love affair with them....

I took my Activa out fro a spin this morning...

I really do love that car and even after driving the V6 around on a daily basis, it still has a quite satisfactory amount of poke when you want to be a bit enthusiastic :P
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

I miss my Xant after buying a ren scenic i think why did i have another child when the ones we have are enough
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Synergietom wrote:I miss my Xant after buying a ren scenic i think why did i have another child when the ones we have are enough
You can never have enough children Tom :D (says a dad of four!!)

Back when all ours were of an age, we had a Nissan Serena. Now I like Nissans generally but not that thing :twisted: It drank more fuel than an Activa :evil:

Anyway, the point of my story is that kids grow up and then the people carriers can go and be replaced by a proper car again. Just bide your time :wink:

Kids grow up faster than you think!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have been somewhat disgruntled with mine as the turbo continues to be reluctant to operate below 4000 revs although a couple of days ago it was off like a rocket from starting it up - until I overtook an A4 coming out of a roundabout :) It wouldn't have overtaken a Reliant Robin. Embarrasment ensued :oops:

Daughter #3 is moving out and has been using it to transport her stuff, plus buying and transporting new furniture, fridge freezer etc. I have been using her SAAB, which is a bit of an animal but exceedingly comfortable seats and frightening accelleration, sticks nicely on the new tyres too.
Before you think that this is a SAAB advert, what I thought was "This is nice but I bet a Xantia V6 would be even better!"

Retreived my car for a longish trip (80 miles) and as soon as I set off (after wondering why it wasn't moving at all, after the SAAB's instant-bite and rather vicious clutch) I thought how nice and refined it was, floating along.
Then realised that a Xant V6 would be the best of both worlds :)

Had an antipollution warning came up, along with engine management light and service light (service not due for god knows how many miles, lots of thousands anyway.
Fortunately that went away on it's own yesterday.

While Lill has been driving it it has done the opposite of whay I expected. Despite lugging lots of heavy stuff around, the economy has improved!
I generally get 400 miles from a tank, local trips. At 400 miles there was still 1/4 tank remaining.
Off to Manchester in it tomorrow. Anybody's guess how that will go :?
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Jim i do agree and love mine to bits but we had to get rid of Kelly ( Xant) in time for our first grand child coming ( born last wedensday ) and our fith child due in jan the xant has been replaced with a grand scenic and allthough it has been trouble free it doesent seem to have any character or personallity.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I'm not so bothered about character or personality or even speed, what I crave is comfort and for that the hydro Citroens can't be beaten - very good diesels as well.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote:I'm not so bothered about character or personality
Luckily, with a hydraulic Citroen*, you have both Peter :D That's the lovely part...

Tom, congratulations :D

* Any Citroen actually. An AX, for example, has a tremendous character...
Jim

Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

its just a shame the synergie doesnt have the hydro suspension allthough the one we had comfort enough for me it was just too broken to fix and keep
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

I left... and came back. Today reminded me why. Pulls like a diesel, goes round corners like a scalextric car, rides better than any car of its handling type.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Gareth :D

I took mine out for a shot spin this morning and this afternoon I took it out for a much longer run :D I only planned a short run for some petrol and it turned into a 35 mile round trip!!!

How is the new Activa then?
Jim

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

CitroJim wrote:Excellent stuff Gareth :D

I took mine out for a shot spin this morning and this afternoon I took it out for a much longer run :D I only planned a short run for some petrol and it turned into a 35 mile round trip!!!

How is the new Activa then?
Check my blog in a bit...
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

XantiaMan wrote:Check my blog in a bit...
Link?
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

frenchcarnut wrote:
Link?
Link to Gareth's Blog
Jim

frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

CitroJim wrote:
frenchcarnut wrote:
Link?
Link to Gareth's Blog
Sorry, I thought it was on a separate site. I forget how much there is to this forum. Cheers.....

......Ah lovely. Yes! Takes me back. The silver has to be the best colour on this car - whichever model.
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR