Is this a record?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Is this a record?

Post by Richard Gallagher »

When fitting a new HP pump to my Xantia, the LHM feed pipe was brittle
and split. No problem I thought, I'll go to my not so local dealer and get a new one. That was until I found out the price, now just believe me and make sure you are sitting down. This is for part no 4023 04, a length of rubber hose about 3 feet long, a cool £134! Now just how anyone can justify that is totally lost on me. Needless to say the local breakers were visited.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Richard,
In future, don't waste time at main dealers with anything associated with the hydraulics as in most cases their prices give the impression they are calculated like "pin the tail on the donkey" Blindfold someone, give them a pin & a board full of numbers & whatever they hit is multiplied by 3 and another 1 added before the figure.
If Andys can't supply, then Pleiades are your next best choice pricewise & possibly carry as good or better supply than a lot of main dealers.
Alan S
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I had to buy a new return hose from the brake valve when I changed it, that was about 4 foot long with a T-piece in it and was about £35, and I thought that was expensive!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

On the other hand, I had to buy a new bonnet locking mechanism for my '93 XM and to my amazment (and the Citroën stores clerks) it cost only £4:50 incl VAT!
//NiSk