Firm for spheres in Manchester

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David.Cox
My Cars:

Firm for spheres in Manchester

Post by David.Cox »

Ages ago, before I managed to have to re install windows I found the web site of a firm in Manchester that were doing a good business in new and recon spheres, and offered a good overhaul service to flush you system and install new spheres. I am sure it was a link from a club site or something like that.
I cannot find it now; does anybody know what firm I am talking about.[:)]
sv4195
My Cars:

Post by sv4195 »

Bob Smith
My Cars:

Post by Bob Smith »

"All our spheres are internally examined, de-rusted, repainted and recharged to manufacturers standard."
I wonder how they can internally examine a sphere?
Bob
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I used this lot to replace all the spheres on my Xantia earlier in the year. £25 for recons including fitting isn't too bad IMO, and they did a good job on mine - they will pressure test any spheres on the car and only do the ones that need doing.
They use an endoscope to internally examine the sphere diaphragms before recharging them.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bob Smith</i>

"All our spheres are internally examined, de-rusted, repainted and recharged to manufacturers standard."
I wonder how they can internally examine a sphere?
Bob
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bob,
As Blueboy says, they use a gadget somewhat similar to the medical profession for checking out orifaces...[:p][:D]
I was led to believe that this was something Pleiades did as part of their service to spheres & the reason why they used to (still do??) give a 2 year warranty on their regas jobs. In this case though, I did have one fail & the claim on warranty whilst honoured, had a sting in the tail; I had to supply another sphere for them to redo. Where I come from that made a recon sphere worth more than a new one that would have been exchanged as a straight swap, something worthy of thought when new spheres can be had from 18.50.
Alan S
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

AFAIK Westroen offer a 3 year guarantee on their re-con spheres, which at £25 a corner (cheaper if your spheres are re-usable I think) seems like a pretty good deal if you think some of them are going to give trouble. Just one guy working out of the garage at the back of his house, so an appointment is necessary.
Richard
David.Cox
My Cars:

Post by David.Cox »

Thanks for the information guys; I will check them out.