OBD1 cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

merlin617
My Cars:

OBD1 cable

Post by merlin617 »

Does anyone know if this OBD1A Diagnostics - ISO9141 / KWP2000 PROTOCOL cable will work on a 1998 Xantia 1.8i 16v and or 1999 Saxo 1.0 ?

Their list shows a Xantia and Saxo but they could not confirm any customer using it on my particular cars.

Thanks
Xantia 1.8 Sensation Hatch 1999
Saxo 1.0 1999
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I very much doubt this will work in any meaningful way. Citroens (and Peugeots) of this age used very much their own diagnostic protocols and despite MK2 Xantias having a diagnostic socket that looked suspiciously like an OBDII one, they were not OBDII (or ODBI) compatible.

Bottom line si that generally diagnostics can only be performed by a Citroen Lexia, Proxia or ELIT machine or one of the specially designed ones like the Sykes Pickavant ACR4.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

:(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Actually, it's better than that - NOT.

OBD scanners can give totally false or half-cocked interpretations of the PSA coding. I've seen this with my own eyes, in a little test I tried on the Xantia using a fancy tool in generic mode.

The Chinese "Fauxia" or "Peugeot Pranet" software with dongle, is the OP's safest bet for cheap DIY diagnosis.
merlin617
My Cars:

Post by merlin617 »

Thanks for the replies guys, saved me the trouble of experimenting.
Xantia 1.8 Sensation Hatch 1999
Saxo 1.0 1999