AX carb problem (SOLEX 32 PBISA 16)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Blitz

AX carb problem (SOLEX 32 PBISA 16)

Post by Blitz »

I ve been experiencing problems since i've bought (used) this car. Lately I suspect that parts are not placed correctly. Please, if anyone can help me with this carb's image or anything might help.
Cleaning gave no improvment and i cannot think of something else.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Have you tried Haynes?
What sort of problems are you having - we may be able to make some suggestions.
Richard
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I haven' tried it...but i will have a look of it soon.
The engine runs very poor at low revs and up to 2500 "coughing" sometimes even with stable throtle. All these get less when engine runs for some minutes and dissapear when it is hot. But even then i have the feeling that it's not running as it should run.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

It may be also air-leak somwhere. Maybe perforated vacum pipes, connected to the carburettor, or membranes, connected to them. Also, check membrane of the enrichment device (if fitted - I think it is) - it's usually under triangular cover on the side of the carburettor.
Did you check spark plugs and leads?
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I' ve checked all pipes and accelerator's membrane also. Gives me the impression it's about weak mixture. I've checked/changed plugs and i have changed leads and distributor a couple of years ago because of another problem (running for 10 minutes and stopping)and the specific problem I am talking about was there before and after those changes. Plugs have a healthy brownish colour. What I'm not sure of, is the correct placement of a thick black plastic flange between carb and inlet manifold.
I just had a look at Haynes manual of Peugeot 205 Sharing the same carb as mine but it's very poor in pictures and details of Solex While there are many about Weber. Not that i have seen the flange i mentioned anywhere...