Xantia 2 Rear Hub Part Numbers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Xantia 2 Rear Hub Part Numbers

Post by rory_perrett »

The whining noise from my offside rear bearing is getting worse so it is time to change it.

Citroen give 2 different part numbers for the Series 2. One up to RP8336, the other from RP8337. The earlier one has a washer which is omitted on the later one, and the nut is a different part number.

GSF list a single part number for the hub for cars with ABS from RP6779. From this I am inferring that the hub itself is probably the same and that the difference is only the omission of the washer and possibly a different nut, does anyone know if this is right?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you post byour last 8 digits of you chassis/VIN No. and RP No. i will check on service citroen for the corect part No.,

regards malcolm
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

Malcolm

Thanks for the offer. The reason for my question is that I have a 2000 Car and I have a rear hub (part no. 3748 68) which is correct for the car BUT the rear arms on the car are off my previous 1998 car. 3748 29 is the part number listed for the 1998. As the stub axle is the same part number for both the bearing ID must be OK, so I'm assuming the hub will fit the earlier car - difference seems to be in the nut and whether there is a washer or not. I was wondering which nut and washer combo I need for fitting the later hub set to the earlier arms. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have worked out the right answer.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it seems to me there is no diference between early and late saloons/estate's fir the nut and washer, the stub/nut thread is 30X1.50 on all variations and RP No.'s, appart from some have an M beside the thread dimention,

and the only other diference between the actual hub is ABS and non ABS

regards malcolm
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

Malcolm - you are right. Just done the job and the only difference is that the later hub has a flanged nut and the older one has a separate nut and washer.

All in all not a bad job about and hour from start to finish, I wonder how long before the other side needs doing?