Rolling road - Dyno day

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

algipan
My Cars:

Rolling road - Dyno day

Post by algipan »

Hi to all

I am going to Viezu on saturday 23rd October for the FlashRemapping Rolling Road day
is anyone else going for a dyno or a remap ?

I have a DS3 1.6Thp for 5 months and had it remapped 6 weeks ago

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had their citroens done and how they're getting on?

Al
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Hi Al and welcome

spam:roll:

My Activa Has been chipped along with other mods, (bit old for a remap) but im not sure how much difference its made as the only other tct engine ive driven was in an xm estate and it was auto, but, it would blow the xm into the weeds and some, its feels up there with a V6 for mid range pull, the previous owner seems to think its running 200bhp.....its not but i recon she has around 175bhp, would be interesting to find out.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Didn't realise you're Activa had been tweaked Dean. Would be interesting to note the difference between yours and a standard one.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Well she has a full stainless twin pipe system which is realy well done, it just has a muted gargle/burble at idle, but is dead quiet on the move, unless you floor it.
Also has a brand new nismo intercooler,atmospheric dv(which has to go as it makes it run rich on lift off) manual boost controller, boost guage, chip tuned (£300 :shock: ) and an induction kit with no cold air feed although im sorting that as we speak :wink: . And yes your right Toby it would be interesting to drag another activa and swap drivers just to see what your money gets you and how it affects the responsivness of the car.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Shame the Activa isn't currently insured, else I'd bring it over next month while I'm on secondment to East Cowes.

Call me cheeky but would you mind if I paid a visit while I am over to have a nosy at it? :oops:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

by all means do, the kettle will be on should you wish.

I will pm my address later

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Re: Rolling road - Dyno day

Post by addo »

algipan wrote:I would be interested to know if anyone else has had their Citroëns done and how they're getting on?
I've thought about it! I don't know enough to hoover up the original map and save it, before installing another tune. Irreversability thus bothers me.

As a lifetime cynic, I also wonder if the negative press about mapping purchased off the internet isn't just protectionism. Have seen a few 206 GTi loaded with generic remaps for a Citroën and they've gone harder with no long term ill effects.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I think they all work fine, but my concern would be (as you have said) having the stones to wipe the stock map off of the ecu of my pride and joy and then putting another on without making a total lash of the whole thing and ending up with a car that wont run.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92