1999 xsara heater blower not working at all

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

That bit of metal, I think, takes the heat of the heatsink to a thermistor on the printed side of the board.
When it’s too hot, the thermistor switches the motor off.
If the thermistor is loose, it’s like high resistance, and the motor won’t spin.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
robertajane
My Cars: Citroen Xsara HD! 2001

Re: 1999 xsara heater blower not working at all

Post by robertajane »

Sorry to jump on this thread, but we've got the same problem a 2001 Xsara HDI aircon heater not working at all. Have changed the transistor board unit and tested the motor assembly out and it runs off a battery and in the car when you short the yellow and orange wires. Connected up properly it doesn't run at all. all fuses are ok too. I did buy the green resistor and thermo link thing but cannot find where that might go in the heater ducts. the heate drear window works too which means the ignition switch is probably ok I gather ? Do the heater rheostat controls burn out ? If so,how do you get at it ? any suggestions or ideas would be very welcome thanks !
Rogerdaniel20134
New User
My Cars: Citroen xsara picasso sx 2.0L hdi 2001

Re: 1999 xsara heater blower not working at all

Post by Rogerdaniel20134 »

Hi all I have same problem I have a 2001 plate hdi and I have taken the blower resister out in checking the resistor it works but come to check the connector that goes to the blower there is nothing there my controls on dial did not work on any speed please can someone help me where is the fuse for this because I've spent 2 days now and got nowhere how do I fix this issue before I take it to an expense garage thanks