Xsara door locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trom50

Xsara door locks

Post by trom50 »

The central locking on my xsara progressively stopped working until the doors now no longer lock at all. The central locking key locks them but they immediately unlock as if there is a problem with the contacts. I took the car to my local garage who couldnt figure out the problem. They said they had the doors and panels off to no avail.
Has anybody had a similar problem or any ideas of how to rectify as I am trying to sell the car (which is in otherwise excellent condition)?

Thanks
Simon99
My Cars:

Post by Simon99 »

Sounds like one of the door lock mechanisms is at fault which could also include the boot lock. Problem is identifying which one. On my xantia if one of the doors or boot isn't properly closed will lock and immediately unlock indicating this. Could be one of the mechanisms isn't allowing the locking action to function correctly. Maybe if you could manually lock each door individually and then try the central locking you could identify the problem lock.
2002 C5 2.0 16v Estate
2001 C5 2.2hdi Hatchback
1998 Xantia 1.9td Estate
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Check for broken wires in the loom in the rubber boot that goes between the body & the door + the body & tailgate.