C5 driver window opens when closing.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimleshed
My Cars:

C5 driver window opens when closing.

Post by jimleshed »

Symptoms. C5 2.2 HDI 51 plate. Window works fine as per normal, but....
When I shut the drivers electric window, it Auto opens immediately to approx 4" open. I can shut it if I let it go up and stop it perhaps a mm or 2 before finally shut, then shut it.

I guess this is some sensor to protect you from trapped fingers...but, can I adjust it or do I have to live with it. Any clues out there?

I might stick it on the lexia this weekend and see what comes up.
JLS
Jim Le Shed
Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
Citroen GS (lots of other Cars and Bikes too!!)
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Keep your finger on the button and then once its fully closed count to ten and then release.
It is to do with the anti-pinch system.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

Hi Moose, does that reset the "closed" point?

Its been fine on Auto shut (or whatever the terminology is) up until the last month or so. Now I'm just getting P*ssed off with taking care every time I shut the window.

I'll give it a go when I get out of work at lunchtime...
Jim Le Shed
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

Sorry, but that didn't work.
If I hold the button or not it just auto releases.
Any other clues from anyone?
JLS
Jim Le Shed
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

jimleshed wrote:Sorry, but that didn't work.
If I hold the button or not it just auto releases.
Any other clues from anyone?
JLS
You have to do a battery/BSI reset first to clear the previously stored stop positions (use the search function on the forum & make sure you follow the correct procedure). you will find after doing that the windows will only go up about an inch at a time, keep pressing the buttons till they go to the top & hold there for a few seconds on each window
LaLinea
My Cars:

Post by LaLinea »

Happend on me a while ago on a Peugeot with auto shut and BSI. I just open the window all the way down and up again MANUALY then it was fine. Same on my Beemer...

The sensors resets.
'00 Xantia 1.8i Millenium estate
'96 BMW 328iA Coupe

Youtube in Myspace, and I'll Google your Yahoo ;)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mine were a bit wonky yesterday. I had had the exhaust (cat) welded for the MOT and they must have done it in situ and disconnected the battery.

Opening then closing them manually and holding the button down for five seconds at the end of each travel limit fixed them.

Resetting the info screen from German took a bit longer.

Engine management lit came on about fifty miles out from Cambridge and I assume this is related, wonder what I'll find this morning.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

MY wife is just about to pay 128 for the MOT. Including a new wiper, a new headlight bulb all of which would have taken me 5 mins and to swap the driver window console between cars, which I offered and she refused and would take 30 seconds. That last thing the garage has charged 38 quid for!

Anyway the thing is the unit which is wonky brings the window down and when you press up, it still brings the window down. As such I have to lock car and use window function on key fob to close window.

Does this sound like a faulty unit or something to do with settings. I cleaned all connection before wife, who is currently walking through 2 feet of snow is on way to pay 128 quid for MOT right this minute, in a pique of winge put car in for MOT to garage that doesn't do MOTS.

Latin tempers! Sacre bleu!
C'est pas possible!
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Hi boris, it could be a faulty switch. My C5 had a fault where the window would only go up a little bit. You had to keep pressing it, then releasing it, then pressing it again. The reset of the auto pinch did not work. I don't know what switch was replaced (paper work was sent to warranty company) but it would do it from both the driver button and the passenger one, so it can't be those switches.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Has the battery been off?

They are rather notorious for the windows and lights to go a bit haywire if the battery is disconnected/reconnected without following the recommended procedure.

Can you get your wife to swear at it in French, it may understand and fix itself.

You do seem to have a knack of attracting the rip off merchants. The place I use for MOTs replace odds and sods like that for the cost of the item, i.e a couple of pounds for headlight bulbs, about three pounds for wipers. My last MOT was £80 which included 2 new headlight bulbs, number plate bulbs and welding of the exhaust. The tester spent an hour ringing round for an exhaust the said "sod this, they are too expensive!" and welded it :)

One of the headlight bulbs blew when I started it up this evening :(
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Wife got pulled over by cops last week who found that our MOT was two weeks late (I was in hospital) so instead of telling them she took a 60 quid fine and then had a fit re MOT.

I could try MAF from other car but really don't want to start mucking about with it in case I start something off there????
C'est pas possible!