Xantia 2.0HDi Plip problems (RF)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia 2.0HDi Plip problems (RF)

Post by CitroJim »

Sprout,

Almost certainly, if the alarm doesn't 'set' with a bleep, your ultrasonic sensors are kippered. Very common. If the alarm 'sets' with a bleep then this means at least one mechanical sensor is saying it's not happy and often it's the boot or bonnet switch. Lexia will spill the beans...

To discount the ultrasonics, set the alarm with them disabled. Do this by pressing the button on the dash that looks like a loudspeaker with a cross through it just after turning off the ignition. Hold it pressed until the LED on the drivers door by the ultrasonic sensor grille lights up solid. Now exit the car an lock and set on the PILP as normal. If the alarm now does not go off than you know it's the ultrasonics...

It might, I believe, be possible to defeat them in Lexia but exactly how defeats me right now...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...