Replacing locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jimothy
My Cars:

Replacing locks

Post by Jimothy »

If flooding with WD40 (which I see has cured the problem for some other members) doesn't help my spinning/sticking locks, I'll have to look at buying replacements.

These seem to be easy enough to get hold of, but if I buy individual locks will I have to use different keys for them, or can new locks be coded in some way to use the original keys?

Thanks,
Jim
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

They will all have individual keys unless you buy another full set of good ones :(
the_weaver
My Cars:

Post by the_weaver »

I've found Halfords Lock De-Icer to be good for sticking locks. I use it in the summer and winter, whenever my locks start to give problems. I think it's got a lubricant in it. I bought mine years ago so I'm not sure if they still sell the same one now. It's a dark blue mini aerosol tin, with a dark blue lid. Size 50ml. It says "HF11" on the side. It's got a white flat nozzle shaped to go in the lock.

Paul
the_weaver
My Cars:

Post by the_weaver »

Jimothy
My Cars:

Post by Jimothy »

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll keep at it with the WD40 for the time being as its still flushing grime out of the locks, but then will give the deicer a try too.

As for the new locks, the cheapest I've found so far is £90+VAT for a set (including the ignition, which I don't need). Can anyone suggest a supplier that might work out cheaper?
the_weaver
My Cars:

Post by the_weaver »

GSF Car Parts are usually cheap.

gsfcarparts.com

Paul
Jimothy
My Cars:

Post by Jimothy »

Thanks, there's a GSF not far from here, so I'll save on postage, too...