little horwood

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Kev,

You're a brave man :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

red_dwarfers wrote:Do the important bits work, like the active suspension and seatbelts and, can she come out to play anytime from early Friday evening to Sunday?
Alas she's got a boot full of stuff (such as a new door) so can't come out this weekend.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Steve, That Xm did look very tidy, i liked that one myself. I took a photo of the contact details if your wanting it ... Its sure to be a nicer car than a C5 im sure you would agree.

Kev, sounds like you had a taste of what a Xantia can really do! I imagine the Xantia is quite good at doing that. C5s take some persuading and would rather you drove much too slowly, though its willing to grip. Xms are so much more of a drivers than than C5s are, much better mix of ride and handling. I still feel i need to get a Xantia, id have a nice comparison then!

I managed to avoid Milton Keynes, i drove round it i think rather than through it.

Im just working out the route to Startford, 202 miles it says. Hmm, 404 miles in a day, sounds like fun :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:Alas she's got a boot full of stuff (such as a new door) so can't come out this weekend.
Phew :bd: :bd: :bd: :bd:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Thanks Chris, I think I have the contact details on a photo but that camera is still in the car :(
It is a bit of a hike for one day.
The farthest I have driven is Whitby to Heathrow to Worcester then back to Whitby the same day. Thick fog and snow most of the way.
That went down well with the wife as we were only married the day before and she got to stay at home - off to a flying start :)

Or Kiel to Munich in the same day, chucked it down all the way, 140k/h between traffic cones for about half the journey :(.
The rest of the firm were all pissed in the back. Brand new Volvo, collected it from the factory the day before and gave it back 3 days later over 1,00 miles overdue for it's first service - they looked at us as though we were nuts. Probably dead on with that :twisted:
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I drove 700 miles in a day a few years back to go and get an Xm, of all things! Which turned out to be too good for even the scrapheap. I think it was almost 12 hours of driving, i was wrecked, im not doing that again.

400 miles in a day is very easy, though with a good few hours spent at the event it would be a long day. Thing is im working Friday and Sunday. Ill have a think, id like to come though.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10