Its dropped and wont come back up???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scoles

Post by scoles »

ok no problem, I dont trust my dealer up here they dont seem very clued up on parts for these.

Is there any part numbers that you can share with me for the clamp in mention?

That way i can assure that when i manage to get to the dealers its the right parts i am collecting.

Also will i need any new pipe seals for when removing the HC unit to free it off?

Thanks
Stuart
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Here you go Stuart...

they vary, depending on model.

If its a 110HDi hatch you'll need the 22mm one 5291 19 or if you have the estate, 5291 17. The 23mm one.

Picture:

Item 4 is what you need.

Hope that helps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
scoles

Post by scoles »

Thanks for that I will get that ordered tomorrow at work hopefully.

Just seems to be one thing after another with the xantia,
I am wondering if its worthwhile removing both rear and front HC units to make sure there both free.

Stuart
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

scoles wrote: I am wondering if its worthwhile removing both rear and front HC units to make sure there both free.
Yes, worth it certainly Stuart. Access tio the front one is a bit trickier and does not normallly suffer as much as the rear one.

Oh, and yes, you will need three 3.5mm seals for each HC. Just ask your dealer for them or order them from Pleiades or GSF.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
scoles

Post by scoles »

Just off the phone to the dealers Its coming in at £22.

So looks to be a tad dearer than i thought, its needed so will just need to get it.

hes struggling with the pipe seals though