help with L reg xantia warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

hi all i have a L reg xantia the orange warning light has started to come on its above the brake light it looks like a j upside down any one tell me what this means,alsow in wet whether the car stalls if i press the clutch down the xantia is a 2L petrol sx model any help please
cheers nat
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Nat,
is it the top right symbol of the left hand set of warning lights? it does look like an upside down J with a couple of little lines across it and what looks like a tear drop at the bottom? If it is its the engine oil level light, When you first turn the ignition on it should light for about 2-3 seconds and then go out if it flashes for about 15 secs check the oil level. The stalling sounds like a good one, probably something to do with the electrics as it only happens in the wet
________
MARIJUANA BUBBLER
Last edited by ghostrider on 08 Mar 2011, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

cheers ghostrider that one sorted,and one else give me any ideas why it stalls
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Nat
I've not looked at my car (1.9TD 1997), but if it is like the BX there is a connector for the engine bay electrics very near to where the clutch operating arm is, if the cable has been mis routed it might be that it has been damaged by the clutch operating arm and shorts out when it gets wet
pete
________
MARIJUANA SATIVA
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

cant see no sign of damage to cables alsow the light are u sure it oil light as i have a light what looks like an oil can would that be the engine oil
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

The orange flashing light warns of low oil levels. The red lamp warns of low/no oil pressure. If the orange light is flashing, get a reading of how much oil is in the sump and add extra as needed. If the red light is lit stop driving immediately, oil will have stopped flowing correctly and your engine will be just about to seize most likely.
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

nice one cheers for clearing that one up any more help on stall prob or wheres best place to take to get looked at im in uk norfolk