ABS sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DaveW
My Cars:

Post by DaveW »

If it's of interest the one linked to in HDI Dave's post above is a front sensor (confirmed by seller)

Dave.
Xantia Forte 1.8i, 16v X reg.(09/2000) 93K, aircon
DaveW
My Cars:

Post by DaveW »

Just an update.

I bought one of the sensors from the German seller ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT ) and it appears to be identical in every respect to the one it has replaced - took a little while to arrive though.

Fitting it should have taken only 20-30 minutes - the hardest part is disconnecting it as the socket is hard up against the cross member and behind a couple of pipes - but at the first tentative pull on the spanner, the head sheared off 6mm fixing bolt. This meant the sensor had to be prised away from the hub as it was not possible the swivel it with the remains of the bolt in place. I think the failed one may have been a replacement and whoever had fitted it used a bit too much heave-ho.
However, once it was fitted and with the car still on axle stands, the light remained on when the engine was started. It seems the ECU did not recognise its presence until the wheel had been rotated a few times. A short drive - about ten yards - and the light went out and it has been fine since.

The replacement cost £15. 48 (delivered), bit of a difference to the £62.50 that GSF are asking - how long it will last remains to be seen.

Dave.
Xantia Forte 1.8i, 16v X reg.(09/2000) 93K, aircon