Where can I buy decent quality 8mm fuel line please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Where can I buy decent quality 8mm fuel line please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hello,

can anybody please advise as to where I might be able to buy some decent quality 8mm internal diameter fuel line?

I bought 4 meters from Halfrauds which is made by goodyear and the stuff is so soft when used in conjunction with a flate plate heat exchanger
that it is letting air into my fuel lines.
I have even tried using proper fuel line clamps and the stuff just becomes so flexible once it is warmed up, I could do with something like the citroen
fuel line which was orriginally on my xantia diesel but I bet citroen want an arm and a leg for four meters if it is actually possible to buy it off the roll.

maybe someone has bought some from GSF??

any advice would be gratefully recieved .

thanks in advance Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Have you had a look on ebay?

Peter
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Peter,

I was hoping I could draw from the experience of others who might have bought some decent quality fuel line somewhere.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Can't say I have ever had a problem with any I have bought, they used to make hard plastic tube that was a devil to get on but it didn't usually leak. You really need to be able to see and feel it, they sell it in Trago Mills if you are anywhere near the westcountry.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nigel,

Go to a good factors and buy petrol fuel line rated as suitable for unleaded. I know it's for diesel/veg but petrol pipe is very strong and tough. It can withstand the full petrol injection pressure (>50psi) and stand up to the constituents in unleaded that can harm lesser pipework.

Incidentally, it's good for LHM too!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I was going to say (if you wanted Ebay) theres a seller called Dieselman. I've had a few bits and pieces of them last year (filters / filter heads / one way valves etc) they are reasonable price-wise and very fast to deliver, next day usually. Just my thought, nothing more.

I recall I was once sold some hose from a factors (I stated it was for fuel, it was for a MK2 Astra actually, between the fuel pump on the head and the carb) , what they sold me melted after a couple of days :o , I can only surmise it was coolant hose or something.

Go to a decent factors ;) and ensure you get fuel hose (and make sure they know you want fuel hose) :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG