Xantia fans help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sam L
My Cars:

Xantia fans help

Post by Sam L »

Hi all i have a 98 1.9td xantia no aircon the temperature normally runs at 70unless i am stood then it will raise to 80 and just over that the fans come in and cool it down it has.
The fan has started flicking on and off as it pleases even though my temp is showing 70 and some times the STOP light will flick on and off
my LHM level is fine and it is not overheating my antifreeze level is fine also
could it be a sensor somewere at fault? has anybody had this problem before and knows what it could be the fans flicking on and off all the time is driving me nuts

thanks for reading
sam
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

This may help > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=31403

Scroll down a bit after the diagrams at the moment and read the basic tests. :)

Obviously, (if its the same as a 406) the fans are permanently live (do not need ignition on) so be very, very careful near the relays as fans + fingers = :(
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Sam L
My Cars:

Post by Sam L »

thanks for that Andy my fans are working and they cool the car down when it gets above 80 which it has always done
now it comes on at 70 but it is flicking itself on and off when it doesnt need to be it may only come on for a second or a minute then go off then come back on roars at the high speed then go off and on ect
Sam L
My Cars:

Post by Sam L »

hi just to let you all know my car is now behaving itself i read through the link that Andy put on for me i unplugged the sensor in the pictures fans came on slow then high anyways since ive plugged it back in it stopped and has been fine since

thanks sam