can anyone help with part numbers please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

can anyone help with part numbers please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I have been fiddling around trying to modifiy my xantia 1.9TD fuel system
with a flat plate heat exchanger and retro fitted filter of a different make ever since my XUD filter housing met its maker drawing in air about three months ago.

I now find that the heated oil I run on through the fphe is still drawing in air bubbles.

I have cleaned the fuel tank strainer in petrol, I have even fitted a fuel pump to assist the lifting of veg oil, I took the fuel line from the pump and stuck it in a 2 litre bottle and no air is apparent in the fuel line from the tank. it would seem that somehow the fphe is generating a vacumm which causes little airbubbles in the veg oil. this accumulates in the new filter housing and builds up making even bigger bubbles in the fuel line.

so I have decided to dump all this rubbish fphe and retro fitted filter and buy a new XUD filter housing with new seals and put it back together properly as it was, the fuel is heated anyway via the orriginal filter housing (dont really know what I was thinking about).

can anyone help me with part numbers/GSF part numbers please for a 1998 Mk2 xantia XUD filter housing and bottom seal so I can purchase these new parts and restore things to how they should be?

any help here would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

This do?

Richard W
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Richard,

thank you very Much, that'll do nicely.

cheers Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.