New to forum - with couple of berlingo queries.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jimothy
My Cars:

New to forum - with couple of berlingo queries.

Post by Jimothy »

Hi all,

having just written off (:oops:) my T-reg xantia estate, I've been lucky enough to inherit an X-reg (2000) Berglingo van.

Unfortunately, no owners manual, so would appreciate a little help with the following, if you can:

When starting up, the following flashes up on the display a couple of times:

quickly followed by:
(with the "min" and dashes along the bottom flashing on and off)

then when the engine's running the spanner symbol remains on.

I'm guessing that the first screen is some sort of reminder to service the vehicle as the mileage has passed this threshold - if that's right is there a way of resetting it?

The second screen, I assume, is an indication that one of the fluids is low, but can't work out which one.

Finally is the constant spanner symbol linked with one of the previous things or is it an indication that there's something else wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help (and for pardoning my ignorance of all things automobile). If anyone knows of an owners manual for the original berlingo van knocking around, I'd be very pleased to hear from you. (Also wouldn't mind picking up a Haynes if someone has a copy they're not using any more)

Thanks again,
Jim
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Second screen is low oil - check with the dipstick in the usual way as the sensor can misreport the condition - certain oils are invisible to the sensor.

The first screen as partly guesswork but as it is similar to my C5 it looks as though it is saying it is 50,00 miles (or KM) overdue for a service and the flashing spanner is underscoring that.

If it has been serviced then the procedure on the C5 and various others is.
1) push in the trip meter reset button and hold it then:
2) turn the ignition to the pre-start position and watch the service interval counter reset to the correct service interval for your engine/country, which will be in the handbook but most likely 6000 miles - the alternative is that it will know the correct service interval and count down to zero.
Jimothy
My Cars:

Post by Jimothy »

myglaren wrote:Second screen is low oil - check with the dipstick in the usual way as the sensor can misreport the condition - certain oils are invisible to the sensor.
Maybe that's why none of the fluids looked low to me, but will double check oil just to make sure...
myglaren wrote:The first screen as partly guesswork but as it is similar to my C5 it looks as though it is saying it is 50,00 miles (or KM) overdue for a service and the flashing spanner is underscoring that.....
Cheers, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens

Thanks for your time
Jim
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you used to be able to purchase owners manuals from the dealer for around a fiver,

regards malcolm