2003 berlingo indicator stalk

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paul_a_2005

2003 berlingo indicator stalk

Post by paul_a_2005 »

clever me snapped off my indicator stalk today . i have phoned citroen and can get a new unit which comes with indicators and wiper stalks. it is £180 inc vat. i dont mind paying for the part but was wondering how hard it would be to fit . any help would be grest thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Provided you don't have ESP shouldn't be too bad to fit. Remove air bag, remove steering wheel, remove cowls, remove stalk unit. Refit. Take care with the airbag - disconnect the battery (see below), wait ten minutes before tackling it. Not sure how it's fixed on a Berlingo - some Citroens use metal clips accessible from behind he wheel, which are a bit of a git to get off!

For the battery, you need to get the BSI to sleep before you disconnect. Shut all doors, and open the bonnet and drivers' window. Wait at least 3 minutes without opening any doors, or locking it. Remove battery leads. When refitting, connect the battery, wait a couple of minutes, reach in through the window and turn on the lights, then start the engine. This should avoid any problems with the BSI computer going tits up and locking functions etc going haywire.

If it's got ESP then you can fit the new unit, but it needs to go on a dealer computer to configure the steering wheel angle sensor. Even then, there are quite a few people here who have the necessary equipment.... :lol:
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: For the battery, you need to get the BSI to sleep before you disconnect. Shut all doors, and open the bonnet and drivers' window. Wait at least 3 minutes without opening any doors, or locking it. Remove battery leads. When refitting, connect the battery, wait a couple of minutes, reach in through the window and turn on the lights, then start the engine. This should avoid any problems with the BSI computer going tits up and locking functions etc going haywire.
Bloody hell :shock:

What a procedure!

I'm staying with Xantias.....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
Bloody hell :shock:

What a procedure!

I'm staying with Xantias.....
This is why Andy does not like multiplexing :(
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

CitroJim wrote: Bloody hell :shock:

What a procedure!
Indeed...especially when it's about -10°C and you have to sit in the back of a Picasso waiting for it not to happen (the battery is under the passenger seat - at least it's nice and clean :roll: ) so you can change the battery when it has decided enough is enough at -15°C.
Richard W