Pitch of rear caliper retaining bolts.Xantia TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pridz
My Cars:

Pitch of rear caliper retaining bolts.Xantia TD

Post by pridz »

Hi all i am about to change my rear disks and calipers on my xantia 1.9TD.What i would like to know is the pitch of the bolt that holds the calipers on .I have read they are 10x150.I would like to have a couple at hand just in case as I have read that they can snap,many thanks. pridz
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

This comes up on Citroen service:

The figures 9x125 135 suggest the pitch and diameter and length?

Andrew
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Pridz

Not the precise answer to your question-I just got 4 new caliper bolts from Citroen quoting reg-no and whatever else they needed.

If you do get into difficulty with snapping bolts, you may find my own struggles useful. Some good advice on here from other members of the forum with techniques which worked for them, and ultimately a successful outcome for me, although welding on nuts to the broken stubs was necessary at the finish.

Xantia-rear brake caliper bolts removal

thanks Neil
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hatches and Estates have different size bolts - I think M9 on hatch, M10 on estates - and the estate ones are longer, so more prone to snapping :roll: I'd just buy 4 from Citroen - you'll be sure you've got the right ones then - and no doubt Citroen use some odd size you will struggle to get elsewhere.
Richard W
pridz
My Cars:

Post by pridz »

Many thanks for the replies,I was going to make my own out of 638 stainless but after reading the posts put up by other members maybe it is not a good idea adding another metal to the mix.thanks all for the prompt replies.I will be doing the job after purchasing bolts from dealers this week end weather permitting,will post results.thanks Pridz