C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive fluid levels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andybsmith

C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive fluid levels

Post by andybsmith »

Hi folks does anyone know the steering/hydraulic suspension fluid level for my car 53 reg 2.2 hdi exclusive. Also I have a minor oil leak which is either suspension or atf or possibly gearbox oil. It seems to be from the front right hand side (facing the car) and it is clearish fluid. It is certainly not engine oil which is black. I am getting no warning lights on the dash but this is a recent leak. Any help would be a godsend fanx in advance
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There are a couple of threads in this forum dealing with the level LDS Andy. I haven't time to dig them out right now but a for quick and dirty check, with the car on LOW remove the cap and the fluid should be about half way up the cone-shaped 'strainer'.

The leak could be LDS as it is pale orange and almost clear in small quantities.
Could also be brake fluid. You may be able to identify it by smell and feel.

I have a similar minor weep from the power steering hoses in approximately the same area as you describe, could be the joints slightly loose. If your engine undertray is still in position it will make it rather difficult to assess the source of the leak.
andybsmith

Post by andybsmith »

Crawled underneath and I think that I have found the leak, roughly near the steering gear small pipe union with a dollop of LDS round it, which for saying that it was upside down is unusual unless it was the source. It took 1 Ltr to top up to the photo spec on low setting. I can't reach it enough to check if it is loose or not, so booked in for service and leak repair on thurs.