finding stop solanoid & or wiring Mk2 xantia 1.9TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

finding stop solanoid & or wiring Mk2 xantia 1.9TD

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi,

could somebody please put up a picture of my mk2 xantia 1.9TD bosch fuel pump and help me identifiy where the stop solanoid & wiring might be? pics are ready to send.

thank you in advance Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Not sure what you're asking - do you want someone to post some photo's that you've taken?

Alternatively, will this help?...

Sixth post down, shows mine before de-armouring (which is required to get to the stop solenoid). Note the wires coming out of the armour protected immobiliser.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... c&start=60

Then see second from last post by Kenny. The third picture shows the stop solenoid top with terminal
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

please Mike if they would be so kind?

if its the same as mine then my stop solanoid is behind some armour plating, It might be easier to identify the wiring as this is what I am really looking for, it has been suggested as a good supply for an electronic fuel pump in the engine bay.
These pumps differ from each other so much. and the haynes manual is useless.

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Here's the circuit diagram Nigel...

MK2 XUD 9 Injection

and here's the harness diagram
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

Nope thats no good without a key Jim sorry mate.(dont know which colour is which) besides I wouldnt know what a circuit diagram of a stop solanoid looks like from a map of the moon.

Ive sent Kenny a message asking him which leads connect to the stop solanoid on the bosch pump he was stripping in the thread Mike put the link up to. which shows the exact same pump that I have.

unfortunately he is not clear in that thread which lead goes where and seems as confused as I am. there are three plugs on my bosch pump brown black and blue the same as the pump he was stripping down my solanoid is also behind armour plating god knows why they do this.

surely it is a simple question to someone who has stripped these pumps down? which wires connect to the solanoid and from which plug?

regards Nigel.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The key to the diagrams can be found in the BoL Nigel. It is common right across the range.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Hi Nigel,

If you can send your photo's via email, shoot me a PM and I'll reply with my addy.

Maybe if we know what you're trying to accomplish, we can better assist you? Are you looking for the 12v feed used by the immobiliser to power the stop solenoid?

All I know is, the black plug with four wires is for the immobiliser. If the immobiliser gets the right code, it'll relay 12v to the stop solenoid.
falling-out-with-my-car

pm sent Mike.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

PM replied to Nigel.

The stop solenoid feed from the immobiliser is, like the immo, protected by the armour. It's connected through the black plug with four wires, of which I believe one is a 12v positive feed that's passed onto the stop solenoid when the immobiliser gets the right code/signal. (Jim, please correct me if I'm wrong). I suggest you tap into that feed and use it via a relay to power your lift pump.
Last edited by MikeT on 03 Aug 2010, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
falling-out-with-my-car

MikeT,

pm replied to. thank you. in reading your pm I realise that maybe I am heading down the wrong path and should find other means of running a lift pump.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Hi Nigel,

While you're trying to find a suitable feed, I suggest you take a read of this page that explains how to wire a relay. It may seem daunting at first but it is relatively simple to understand.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4912752_wire-au ... relay.html
falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks Mike I have bookmarked that for future referance.

I have decided I no longer need my stanadyne inline electric fuel heater now that I have a flat plate heat exchanger installed under the bonnet.

I have used the circuit that this was on to wire in the fuel pump and it works like a treat. it has its own relay and fuse and takes power directly from the battery

I also installed a remote control switch and I can now switch on the fuel pump before starting the car via a keyfob.

regards Nigel.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Glad you sorted it and it's working as intended. Does the pump come with it's own pressure gauge?
falling-out-with-my-car

No pressure guage unfortunately, they recommend a regulator but I didnt bother it seems to be doing the job anyway.

if you consider the route that the cold veg oil takes it is no wonder the diesel fuel pump was struggling.

up the bulkhead from the tank to an inline pre-filter up then to the FPHE, out of the fphe to the new delphi fuel filter housing, out of the delphi filter housing to the pump.

normally the diesel would have only traveled up the bulkhead from the tank to the xud fuel filter and straight to the pump, the FPHE obviously requires a little more suction or in this case a method to push the veg oil along the fuel line.

At least it will help shift the cold veg during the winter time once a little petrol, and cetane improover is added. if I want to run straight diesel I can remotely switch the pump off completely. it doesnt need to be running and will let thinner fuel run through unobstructed.

this running on filtered waste veg oil is a very steep learning curve and the only way to learn is chuck it in the tank and see providing your engine is IDI and you have a Bosch fuel pump.

I think I can now say that I have acheived a reasonable one tank conversion. if I hadnt of decided to install a flat plate heat exchanger I wouldnt have had all these air bubble problems but I wanted to heat the veg oil before it hit the main fuel pump, which is a recommended practice. I have seen even Bosch pumps leak because they are under excess strain from pumping thick unheated veg oil.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

They leak because after 10 years the seals have hardenend and failed.
Replace the seals and there isn't a problem.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool