C5 2.2HDi Third Piston

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

C5 2.2HDi Third Piston

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi All
Thought I would post this as a new thread rather than taking over an existing one.
2003 2.2HDi auto, lacks power when pulling off and sometimes when driving along (see 4HP20 post)
Drove it today with my LEXIA connected and noticed that the Third Piston Deactivaton is ALWAYS YES, no matter how hard I drove or how fast it never went to NO, is this right or should it be active on high load or speed???
Also with the swirl valve, I have read a few post on how it should work but am now confused, with mine when the engine is off the linkage is extended (ball joint to the front of the engine) as soon as I start the engine it goes to the back (linkage contracted) now what is the correct way of working as some posts say that it should be extended when at idle/low load?

Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: C5 2.2HDi Third Piston

Post by cachaciero »

h2ocooler wrote:Hi All
Thought I would post this as a new thread rather than taking over an existing one.
2003 2.2HDi auto, lacks power when pulling off and sometimes when driving along (see 4HP20 post)
Drove it today with my LEXIA connected and noticed that the Third Piston Deactivaton is ALWAYS YES, no matter how hard I drove or how fast it never went to NO, is this right or should it be active on high load or speed???
Hi Rob
Go and look at http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ird+piston

where there is some discussion about correct operation of third piston, basically I think you have a problem :-(
Also with the swirl valve, I have read a few post on how it should work but am now confused, with mine when the engine is off the linkage is extended (ball joint to the front of the engine) as soon as I start the engine it goes to the back (linkage contracted) now what is the correct way of working as some posts say that it should be extended when at idle/low load?
Well that's interesting just nipped out and had a look at mine which works the same way!!!! which is not the way I described it a day or so ago need to re-visit that :-(. It means that the spring in the actuator is not the way I remembered it.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC