new C5 2 months on...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hdi_man
My Cars:

new C5 2 months on...

Post by hdi_man »

still loving my 2008 C5 2.0 hdi exclusive. luxury feel inside and its so so quiet even at higher speeds. With sport mode on I've not even noticed the soft suspension that many talk about. effortless on the motorways. so much car for the money, even colleagues who have BMWs.Audis etc. have commented on the amount of kit in the car as standard

one thing I would note it that the MPG is lower than I was hoping for, averaging 41mpg now over the past few thousand mile, mostly town driving though.

I am now considering a remap as angel tuning claim that I can get 35+ HP, 55+ torque and 10%+ mpg....I'm sure this would really transform the car !
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

I had my C5 remapped before i got rid of it.
It really did make a difference. Not to the fuel economy but thats probably only because i was making use of the extra power.
Car rolling roaded at 146.6 hp prior to remap and 178.1 after.
If i can get the printout scanned i'll try upload the graph as it was the torque which was much more impressive. Held max torque nearly constant from 1800-4000 rpm.
Made my clutch and DMF fail though i don't think i helped!
Saxo VTR.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

I'd be interested to see the graph. how many miles did it have when clutch failed ? this is one thing that worries me about a remap as car is still under warranty...
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

Mileage was in the 50's can't remember exactly.
Saxo VTR.