Xantia window regulaor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mara

Xantia window regulaor

Post by Mara »

Hi,does anyone know where I can get a xanita window regulator,front driver side? Sorry, but not interested in Ebay!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hi - Are you in the UK?

What year is the Xantia?? If its BEFORE 1997 then I most likely should have a good one..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Dannyboy
My Cars:

Window regulator

Post by Dannyboy »

I`ve been having fun with drivers window regulator. It had a broken cable.
Had a brainwave and noticed that Bicycle brake cables are the same size.....nothing much to lose......got a pair.....used some swaging equipment at work......didn`t have the copper swage ends to suit the cable but tried it anyway......worked a treat......was very proud of my cheap fix......then the swage pulled after a week or so.........back to the drawing board !........saw on this forum about the kits on e-bay.............I bought one for 20 quid......I couldn`t believe they use engineering strenght epoxy to fix the cable ends.
Followed the comprenhesive instructions to the letter......worked well........window dropped into the door at an inconvenient moment after a few days..........stripped the door in a rage............cables were fine ? The cable had come off the pulley.....it looked like I got the tension wrong.
came up with a means of preventing the cable from coming off the pulley......refitted it , didn`t realise the window was out of the rail...operated it , there was a bang as the cable pulled thro the plastic slider block and the cables are still fine with the swages still securely attached...Wow some adhesive !!! ......now I have a broken slider block !!......groan !!......looks like a trip to the scrappie.......does anyone know if the Series 1 regulators fit the Series 2 xantia ? . ......Rgds......dannyboy.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Danny,

On the Drivers door NO, as the S2 has anti pinch built in and its built into the motor and uses a completely different plug and motor arrangement.

All other doors are the same.. It seems S1's are better with thicker cableing,. ive a pile of S1 regulators, front and rears!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Dannyboy
My Cars:

Different regulator

Post by Dannyboy »

Thanks citroenXM, I had my old my old S1 for 7 yrs and 100K ( up to 180K ) and the window winder never gave any problems.

I`ll have one more go at fixing this slider block , no doubt the scrappies will have a bit of a demand on S2 drivers regulators.

Rgds...........Dannyboy.