Yet another wasted trip to a Citroen Main dealership.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Yet another wasted trip to a Citroen Main dealership.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

once again I took yet another trip out to a Citroen main dealership parts department thinking surely they'd have a washer but surprisingly not.

I have for much of this week been remodeling my fuel system under the bonnet of my 1998 citroen xantia 1.9TD estate.

I run my xantia on veg oil and this has rotted the seals in the xud filter, so I decided it was far more cost effective to replace the xud filter housing with a standalone filter housing fed by my Flat plate heat exchanger, I also decided to replace all the fuel lines under the bonnet.

in doing so I removed the banjo bolt on the Bosch fuel pump to replace the clear fuel line attached to it, I unfortunately dropped one of the copper washers which must have evapourated into thin air as I havent seen it since not even using a flood lamp to light up engine can I find it anywhere, so I thought I'll pop down to the Citroen Garage and see if they have one, they dont even have the banjo bolt on their computers let alone the washers. god knows how they connect up a modern injection pump to the fuel line.

you can get them if you buy a new pump the helpful parts man said, up yours I uttered quietly. :evil:

I asked a mechanic if he maybe had one knocking around in the workshop Oh no we chuck the old ones away when we replace them.

so its off to the reliable ole scrapyard tommorrow again because Citroen dont do even the most basic of parts for my xantia anymore. :wink:

I'd love to see their faces if my Father walked into the parts department and asked for an air filter for his GSA. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i belive this is price and part No. for what you are after Nigel,

from service citroen,

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000193314 FUEL PIPE SEAL 0.45 GBP 0.53 GBP 0.53 GBP

and here is the banjo bolt cough cough give me some oxygen

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00001563C5 UNION-SCREW 20.98 GBP 24.65 GBP 24.65 GBP

regards malcolm
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Just to add a bit more :) , I know its a Peugeot diagram but still, a picture speaks a 1000 words as they say:

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

I wouldnt give them the satisfaction ,in my experience if the car is over a 3 or 4 years old then they dont want to know you :evil:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
Stunned Monkey

Post by Stunned Monkey »

Banjo bolts and copper washers are standard issue parts outside cars. Try any hydraulics supplier.
Martin
-------
Old Faithful: Silver V-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, died due to tin worm @ 259k miles
New Faithful: Silver W-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, 169k miles and counting...
Previous: Various BX's, XM V6 24,
Venturi Atlantique 300, Alpine A610
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

or even any diesel workshop,

regards malcolm
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

The 'big brothers' - government, the banking/finance industry, the motor industry, the insurance industry etc., have a vested interest in coercing the vast majority into running relatively new cars. There's too little money to be made out of non-conformists like us, so they make life a little difficult whenever possible.

The Treasury rakes in VAT and Special Car Tax to the collective tune of 25%+ of the purchase price of every new car. Witness the 'scrappage' scam.

Modern vehicles are deliberately designed to be impossible to service without expensive electronic diagnostic kit - and the warranty is effectively invalidated if it's not serviced by a dealer (independents don't get to know about vital service bulletins and recalls).

The only way most people can find several thousand pounds to buy a newish car is to borrow the money. 0% finance did you say? Get real - the interest and commission charges are built into the price!

Insurance companies prefer to deal with people with more money than sense - they either stick with the same insurer regardless or buy the cheapest in a cut-throat market. Either way, most give in to insurers bullying in the event of a claim.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Nahh went up the scrappy this mornning got four copper washers for free.

thanks for the diagrams and everything people, what a lot of effort for a flamin copper washer, I wish Citroen would go that extra mile for their customers, esspecially those of us who have spent a lot of money with them in the past and they know our first names.

I saw a C6 yesterday to me its a really beautiful motor but if I cant buy a copper washer for a citroen at a citroen dealership whats the point in having a car that expensive? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks again everyone

cheers Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

If you're re-using old copper washers, it's a good idea to anneal them first.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom

Post by Old-Guy »

To anneal copper, heat to cherry-red and drop into cold water - exactly the opposite to steel.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
falling-out-with-my-car

I wouldn't mind betting a Citroen Main dealer couldn't tell you that one Old-Guy.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

I have found our local Peugeot dealer to be much better for customer service and the stocking of parts for both the C5 and the Saxo.
Quite strange?
Saxo VTR.
falling-out-with-my-car

unfortunately its a 50 mile round trip to our nearest Pug garage now they have closed the one in town down.
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

Why not use dowty seals? great on the sump aswell
xantia 19td estate 96-7
paul in normandy

Post by paul in normandy »

Went to our local Citroen dealer this am for some trim clips for a 99 Berlingo tailgate - no problem, how many would you like!
But I s'pose its a long way to St Lo! :)
Dowty seals are really good though.