Part name required - Xantia Engine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaFT

Part name required - Xantia Engine

Post by XantiaFT »

Hi everyone,

Xantia 2.0 16v 1999 - I need to know what the name of the following part is and whether I need to get it replaced.

Imagine standing in front of the car looking down at the engine. At the front of the engine block and towards the right hand corner there is a rubber hose that comes out of the top of the block. The hose leads towards a circular plastic filter looking part. The hose then carries on towards the throttle body. Question is, what's the circular plastic filter looking part? I've had the car since September '09 and have noticed that there's an oil residue on the outside of it. My concern is if it's supposed to be some sort of filtration device and it's leaking then it may be blocked.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

might be the charcoal filter

regards malcolm
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

It's the oil seperator for the breather pipe. They always weep as they age and it's nothing to worry about really, unless you're entering it as a show car.
XantiaFT

Post by XantiaFT »

MikeT - that makes sense...definitely not charcoal filter (I know where that is)...and it's definitely not being entered into a show unless there's a category for 'best example to put an aspiring Citroen owner off' award! :lol:
As long as it's not vital and not requiring replacement...that'll do. Thanks for your help.