Induction Kits?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheesesliceking

Induction Kits?

Post by cheesesliceking »

Hello,
I have an AX GT, for which I have recently purchased a Direct Induction Kit. Now I understand the importance of getting Cold air to the filter so I need a Cold Air Feed hose, I’ve seen these for sale at Demon Tweeks for around 25 quid.
I'm not sure where would be the best place to put the air feed to collect the cold air, I cant put it too low or it will collect water when it rains (I live in Yorkshire so this is all the time!) and I cant put it too high or it collects warm air.. Does anyone know where I can position the cold air feed to collect the maximum amount of cold air to feed to the filter?
In addition, does anyone know of where I can pick up a cold air feed a bit cheaper than 25 quid? It seems the only ones that people are selling are made by Pipercross & from experience with their products I think their quality is poor, although essentially it’s only a hose I suppose..[:I]
any help would be great Thanks [8D][8D][8D]
Jon

Post by Jon »

hmm, well you could get along to a local motor factors. Most of them sell expanding aluminium truncated tubing in various diameters for just this sort of thing, and its not expensive. Choose the right diameter, and pull it out to the length you need.
As for where you take the cold air from, should be OK as long as its not too low down and susceptible to floods, I suppose.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Another possible source might be an industrial rubber supplier who will no doubt have a wonderful collection of plastic re-inforced hoses as well as sheet rubber products.
Jeremy
cheesesliceking

Thanx for your ideas, i wondered into Jewsons and found 1.5 mtr of the stuff for 4 quid! bargain.. better than Halfords 12 quid stuff. robbing b******s[:D][:D][:D]
Linegeist
My Cars:

Post by Linegeist »

Hate to say this, but your site host is a popup hell! It tried to place 9 cookies on my system and open 8 popups - blocked by my firewall but offputting nevertheless.
cheesesliceking

yeah i know, but thats what i have to put up with to get a "Free" site.[:(!]
Try this one instead, No pop-ups & all my own work too![:D]
http://www.andy-turner.co.uk