Lexia 3.45 Again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Lexia 3.45 Again

Post by acrowot »

I received my Chinese version of the Lexia today and I have been unable to get it to work, the software was not easy to install but it is installed and validated now and does appear to be running correctly. When I connect to my 2003 C5 2.2 or my xantia2 both with the 16 pin socket and then run the software I am informed that it cannot communicate with Vehicle, and if I do a Global Diagnostic anyway it appears to be checking the ECU's but in all cases it says Dialouge NO any ideas anyone before I return it, it is most likely something I am doing or not doing. It is the same on both Vehicles. Many thanks for any help.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Nothing obvious springs to mind, except making sure the connector is pushed in firmly. And that you've got the ignition on of course. Does the green light on the Lexia unit come on when you connect it to the computer? Does the unit click when trying to connect to the vehicle?

My Activa never shows dialogue initially - I've always assumed this is normal for non-multiplexed vehicles. The C3 is seen straight away (VIN and chassis numbers, etc). I would have thought the C5 would do the same.

I'm not far away from you if you want to try one of your cars on a unit which is known to work.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Sl4yer wrote:Nothing obvious springs to mind, except making sure the connector is pushed in firmly. And that you've got the ignition on of course. Does the green light on the Lexia unit come on when you connect it to the computer? Does the unit click when trying to connect to the vehicle?

My Activa never shows dialogue initially - I've always assumed this is normal for non-multiplexed vehicles. The C3 is seen straight away (VIN and chassis numbers, etc). I would have thought the C5 would do the same.

I'm not far away from you if you want to try one of your cars on a unit which is known to work.

James
Thanks S14yer, were abouts are you, I would like to try one that works, the green light does come on when connected but I have not heard a click. In Device Manager the Lexia is shown as " ACTIA USB DEVICES " USB COM-BOARD DRIVER MULTI INSTANCE
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

The Device Manager entry sounds right. And of course the software won't start without the interface!

I'm in Rochdale.

James
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

James, what software version have you, mine was 345, I have just updated to 346 but not tried it yet. After I select the car model twice C5 and again on next page C5 and then continue the next screen asks me to connect the usb interface to PC and vehicle and switch on ignition and then continue. It then says Error cannot communicate with vehicle press continue, the next page asks for the Vin and the RPO NUMBER and then continue, I then get all the options but of course they are then not much use.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Sl4yer wrote:The Device Manager entry sounds right. And of course the software won't start without the interface!

I'm in Rochdale.

James
No that is correcct, strange it tells you to connect at a later stage when it is already connected, what is the RPO number is it what I thought was the RP number on the door pillar.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Yes, the RP is the same as the RPO. (Found the sticker on the C3 tonight, near the sill behind the passenger door!).

Make sure you're selecting the correct series if two are offered. For example, for the C3 there is a C3 and a C3R. The C3R is the facelifted version, and the ECUs won't talk if you select the wrong one. (The Xantia isn't as critical for this IIRC. Correct selection isn't helped on the C3 by the wrong pictures being shown with each model!).

It doesn't sound like it's working though, and you'd be unlucky (although it's not impossible) to have two cars with duff sockets.

James
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Or a duff lexia, sounds similar to what happened with mine initially.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

davetherave wrote:Or a duff lexia, sounds similar to what happened with mine initially.
I am begining to think this, I am as sure as I can be that the software is installed ok.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Sl4yer wrote:Nothing obvious springs to mind, except making sure the connector is pushed in firmly. And that you've got the ignition on of course. Does the green light on the Lexia unit come on when you connect it to the computer? Does the unit click when trying to connect to the vehicle?

James
Hi James, I would like to try my C5 on your machine could you pm me your address or telephone number so we could arrange this.
John
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

davetherave wrote:Or a duff lexia, sounds similar to what happened with mine initially.
Hi Dave, I have been looking at a previous post of yours and my problems seem identical to yours, my Chinese supplier is blaming my installation of the software, he sent me 2 versions of the software 345 and an older 1 which does not make any contact with the server with a text file with all the validation codes, nothing works. Did you get yours replaced by the supplier and if so what was the cost of returning the faulty one.
John
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

If you're up for it, there's many posts on the internet about the poor build quality of these clones, leaving some wires in the OBD plug unconnected which a quick dap of solder easily cured. Worth a look inside?
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

MikeT wrote:If you're up for it, there's many posts on the internet about the poor build quality of these clones, leaving some wires in the OBD plug unconnected which a quick dap of solder easily cured. Worth a look inside?
Yes I was thinking about opening it up but I will leave it for a bit incase it has to be returned and there is evidence that it has been intefered with. I have been looking for the posts on the net like you describe but have not come across any yet.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Thanks for your help on Saturday James, if there is anything I can help you with dont hesitate to let me know. I have been in contact with the Chinese supplier of mine, I think they are just re-sellers and are unable to offer any constructive advice. I have managed to get across to them that it is the actual Lexia itself that is faulty and they say return it and they will replace it. I have tried Parcel Force for a price to send to China, £56 quoted and that is without sending the cables back. Anyway this mornig I got a phone call from a London number, it was their UK office, they say they will email me their London address tomorrow so I can return it there, we shall see.
John
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

You're very welcome John.

If the London thing doesn't come off, look up Royal Mail Airsure Small Packets. That should be cheaper.

James
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto