no turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keithprice
My Cars:

no turbo

Post by keithprice »

hi iv got 53 plate xsara coupe hdi cracking car but 1 fault = when driving and you put foot down turbo fails to kick in release foot off accelerater and re apply sometimes rectify it any ideas thanks
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Maybe a faulty boost solenoid valve or sticking wastegate.

Steve.
not applicable
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Our C3 was doing the same - went from turbo only kicking in around 2600rpm, then a few months later it was sometimes not kicking in at all, to the current state of no turbo boost at all ever. I've got a new turbo electrovalve (solenoid) on the desk in front of me, bought yesterday, which I'll be fitting tomorrow if weather improves. If it cures it, I'll post on here. Cost £42! For a solenoid! :roll:
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
keithprice
My Cars:

Post by keithprice »

any body got pic of this part and of location?? thanks mayb send pic to my phone thanks keith o7735367920
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Image Image
Image Image

This is the old one from my C3. No idea if the Xsara uses the same. This controls a variable vane geometry turbo. Last pic is after I popped the top off, and before I completely gutted it. Corrosion and dirt found inside, as well as rubber valve discs showing wear. Although it's restored movement to the turbo actuator arm, I've now found the turbo compressor/turbine is seized :(
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Keith, when you say the turbo isnt kicking in do you mean you experience a loss of power?.....this can also be caused through air mass meter failure...the vehicle cant read the volume of air so guesses at the fuel mixture....this results in erratic power availability too :wink:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
keithprice
My Cars:

Post by keithprice »

hi fixed fault swapped over boost valve like 1 shown in pic(thanks 4 posting pic) car now bk to normal prior to this i did fit new air mass meter which rectifyd poor running , thanks guys