HDi Tuning Box CR52

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sawdrl
My Cars:

HDi Tuning Box CR52

Post by sawdrl »

Bought this new for my Picasso HDi 90 at a cost of £440. Did exactly what they said it would, massive boost in torque and power. It basically turns your HDi 90 into a 110+ and the HDi 110 into a 135+.

Also used it on a Xantia HDi 110 and Peugeot 406 HDi 90.............worked perfectly on those as well. Not had an HDi for a while so its been gathering dust on a shelf in the garage.

Haven't a clue what its worth, but its a proper job not just one of those tarted up resistors in a box you see on ebay for pennies.

Anyone out there fancy it ? Offers invited
timborob
My Cars:

Post by timborob »

Hi there

Would like to know what make box you have
Any name/brand for us ?
I'm sure for the right price there will be interest on here

I have read these tuning boxes are very good overall and am thinking of getting a Synergy box which sell for £160

and there are cheaper ones available for £90 on ebay but personally i would get a Synergy over these as better feedback and warranty and a UK made product
:)
Regards
Tim

03 Citroen C5 2.0 110 HDI VTR Mauritius Blue 109K
sawdrl
My Cars:

Post by sawdrl »

The brand is actually 'Tuning Box' check out the website which gives applications for all their products. From memory I think the CR52 does most of the 2.0 and 2.2 HDi engined vehicles.............so that will cover Citroens, Peugeot and some Fiats.

www.tuningbox.com
sawdrl
My Cars:

Post by sawdrl »

One thing to bear in mind..............this unit takes about 10 minutes to fit and about 5 to remove. Anyone who might be a bit suspicious of the claims made by the manufacturer is more than welcome to come along and try it. I'm based near Newcastle so I guess that might be a problem for some members !

timborob
My Cars:

Post by timborob »

Well they certainly look like they are one of the better makers out there by the website
and one of the pioneer's of these tuning boxes too

Interesting indeed
:)
Regards
Tim

03 Citroen C5 2.0 110 HDI VTR Mauritius Blue 109K
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

I have a similar unit in my Xsara hatch which I picked up on ebay for £80. Not the same make but from the description sounds similar. The reason I got it so cheap was to be honest the seller didn't do himself any favours. Crap description and photo and it was only when I researched what it was he was selling that it was clear it was a quality bit of kit.
Mine is made by these lot: http://www.alpin-tuningshop.de/index.php?lang=en

At the time I bought it I would not have paid retail price (£350 for my unit) because quite frankly I did not believe it would be that impressive as they make out. After I got it I changed my mind completely. Fuel consumption didn't change but the power certainly did. It used to be brisk anyway, (110 HP in a fairly light car) but with the box fitted it almost seems more petrol like. Instead of constant acceleration in every gear now it gets to mid revs and then takes off. I'm well past my boy racer days but it does make overtaking easier when you have to.

Anyway my point is it is worth what someone will pay. To me it would be worth say £200 (I always assume second hand should be half retail price). But that's only because I've already got one and I know how good they are. When I think about it I once paid £60 for a K&N filter on my AX GT and was happy thinking I'd got 2 or 3 HP extra...

Good look on the sale. \:D/ \:D/

Edit: Your box doesn't seem to have just the 2 multi-pin plugs that mine has which 'break into' the injector wiring loom. Maybe it isn't quite the same? Where does it plug in?
sawdrl
My Cars:

Post by sawdrl »

The connections 'break into' the wiring loom at each individual injector. You just unplug the original, connect that to the male connector and attach the female one back onto the injector....................one for each cylinder. You then just pick up a positive and negative connection from the battery or any suitable point and that it. You can fit an on/off switch if you think it might be useful but I never did..................just left it permanently on, for obvious reasons !!!!!!!!!
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

I see now. Four pairs of plugs and another for the power. Mine is probably just the same in terms of how it works but specific to the the wiring loom in my car.

If I didn't already have one, and because I know how good they are, I would snap your hand off.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

how much? i have a tuning box hdi-b-03 on my c5 but my father wants one for his c5
sawdrl
My Cars:

Post by sawdrl »

'Miked' reckons it should be worth £200. I'm not sure so I just did a quick search on ebay and there is only one item on the which is genuine 'Tuning Box' ie. not cheap imitations, and that's priced at £250.
http://www.tuningbox.com/ANG/citro-ang.php
It should go straight onto a C5.
I'm open to offers, pm me if you'd like to discuss off forum.