Xantia Plip programming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom
My Cars:

Xantia Plip programming

Post by Synergietom »

Hi all ive just baught a plip fob for my mk1 xantia for £599 off ebay and was wondering if anyone knows how to program it its the ir tipe
thanks
tom
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

You really need 2 keys to do this - otherwise you need to dismantle the plip to separate the electric bit and the key bit! Turn the ignition on to the first (accessory) position, then hold the plip near the receiver in the roof (see why you need 2 keys now!) and press the lock button a few times. Switch off, and it should have accepted the new key. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Might need different position in the ignition. Note that if you program in a new key it will delete the old one! In theory you can do both at the same time, press the keys one after another, and it should accept both. Maybe :roll:
Richard W
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

To do TWO Keys you need three, or as you said, remove the elctronics from one of the PLIPS.. With the ignition on, you press the two keys in sequence... Key 1 then 2 then 1 then 2....

That programms the two, and you need to do it AS soon as you turn the iginition on...

£599 for a PLIP!! Blimey, you can get a car or two for that!

Check the IR emmitter works, by pointing it into your digital camera, be it on your phone or not, you'll see the white light emmitting from it if it works, a common fault for the LED to break away from the board..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you could but the two xant's on here for £150 each, and buy a brand new plip from the dealer for what you payed for that plip TEA HE,

regards malcolm
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Thanks guys and to be honest im starting to wish i had bauhgt another xant now the accelerator has started sticking i think its that diaphram looking thing on the back of the fuel pump getting a bit stuck.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Tom that's serious bucks :lol:
plip fob for my mk1 xantia for £599
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

sorry guys i meant to put £5.99 i get a bit lazy when typing
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Has the Pump still got the damper Rod on the front of the pump?? Remove it! It always causes a problem, and the pump doesn't really need it... I dont think anyway..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Synergietom wrote:Thanks guys and to be honest im starting to wish i had bauhgt another xant now the accelerator has started sticking i think its that diaphram looking thing on the back of the fuel pump getting a bit stuck.
If removing the damper rod from the front of the pump doesn't improve things, then the cable is probably fraying inside the spring cylinder on the air filter.
New cable kit is something like £36 from stealers, but I found that my local bicycle shop does a gear cable with a small block on the end which is the same size as the block in the pedal clip for a 10th the price.
Carefully removing the clip and cable from it, then fixing the clip to the new cable allows you to slip the new cable through the hole in the bulkhead by the pedals and feed it up the old cable's sheath to the pump arm.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Tom wrote
"sorry guys i meant to put £5.99 i get a bit lazy when typing"

no worrys e were only haveing a bit of fun TEA HE, im sure we had already realised you had missed out the decimal point

regards malcolm
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Thanks Xac ive tried removing the damper arm and found no difference it seems to be having problems returning to idle and to be honest it looks to me like its the spring on the top of the pump getting stuck could be some gunk in it but i allready have a few bike bike gear cables so i think ill try that later allthough the spring cylinder on the xant isnt attached to the air filter its rattling loose.
Malcom sorry mate i was having a bad day yesterday but ive cherped pu a bit now ive managed to get the plip working allthough the man at pannik keys said it was dead after playing with it in the car i found myself locked in it must have just needed chance for the bits to charge up a little after sitting for so long with no battery.